Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Lapland/Santa day trips

4 replies

sykes · 07/10/2003 15:06

Has anyone taken their dd/ds on a day trip to see Santa and was it worth it? They seem v expensive, also 3.5 hrs there and back, but I'm tempted. Would only take the four-year old as presume the two-year old too young. Thanks. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere but can't find it.

OP posts:
Please
or

CountessDracula · 07/10/2003 15:56

www.santavisits.co.uk/day_trips.htm

Bizarrely I was just searching for something else and this came up. They do daytrips from £229 per person which seems ok to me.

Please
or

sykes · 07/10/2003 17:08

Thanks v much, I'll have a look.

OP posts:
Please
or

HZL · 07/10/2003 19:16

A friend of my mum's told me about a company called Canterbury Tales, which does wonderful day trips to Lapland to see Santa. She took her two oldest children a couple of years ago, and is planning to go back with the younger two. Very personalised apparently - you have a set time to go and see Santa, and get him all to yourself for a while. It involved a long sleigh ride through the snow to a place in the middle of nowhere, and when Santa appeared (he'd obviously been primed)he greeted the children by name as though he'd been waiting for no-one but them. Magical day by all acounts, the kids were completely gob-smacked by the whole experience. Not sure about costs, but think it was around £400 per person (ouch!). I'm sure they must have a website - try searching on Google.

Please
or

sykes · 08/10/2003 09:58

Thanks very much.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?