My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

BLISS! A weekend without the kids..anyone rec a romantic country retreat?

5 replies

tiredemma · 10/09/2003 09:14

my lovely partner is treating me to a weekend away before i go back to work. I fancy a romantic break kind of thing with roaring log fires and a big comfy bed so i can catch up on some much needed sleep. any suggestions greatly appreciated, i quite fancy the cotswolds, never been there but it looks so pretty.
two whole nights without a ten week old waking me! i feel quite weak at the knees!!

OP posts:
doormat · 10/09/2003 09:17

Lucky you, can you fit me in your suitcaseonly messing.
I wish I could help you but never been on a romantic weekend.
Wherever you go hope you have a lovely time

SamboM · 10/09/2003 10:50

The Dial House Hotel at Bourton on the Water is nice, not to expensive but make sure you ask for a big room. Not flash but good food and nice ambience. Beautiful gardens too.

www.dialhousehotel.com

SamboM · 10/09/2003 10:53

btw it's worth taking the all inclusive with dinner price as the menu is pretty expensive.

Hope you have a lovely time wherever you go.

I am looking for a hotel (can't remember the name) that dh & I stayed at a few years ago that had log fire and victorian rolltop bath in the room! Again it wasn't particularly flash but had a good restaurant.

Of course there is always Babington House!

candy · 10/09/2003 20:24

The Alveston Manor in Startford Upon Avon is lovely and v near lots of nice countryside. Theatre trip too as an added incentive!

tealady · 10/09/2003 22:06

This is lovely - lots of roaring fires and 4 posters - Dh and I here stayed 1 night - v.romantic but also v. expensive...

Manor House Hotel Castle Coombe

Castle Coombe is lovely - it was voted best village in England or something - Bath is nearby if you get bored.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.