Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

BLISS! A weekend without the kids..anyone rec a romantic country retreat?

5 replies

tiredemma · 10/09/2003 09:14

my lovely partner is treating me to a weekend away before i go back to work. I fancy a romantic break kind of thing with roaring log fires and a big comfy bed so i can catch up on some much needed sleep. any suggestions greatly appreciated, i quite fancy the cotswolds, never been there but it looks so pretty.
two whole nights without a ten week old waking me! i feel quite weak at the knees!!

OP posts:
Please
or

doormat · 10/09/2003 09:17

Lucky you, can you fit me in your suitcaseonly messing.
I wish I could help you but never been on a romantic weekend.
Wherever you go hope you have a lovely time

Please
or

SamboM · 10/09/2003 10:50

The Dial House Hotel at Bourton on the Water is nice, not to expensive but make sure you ask for a big room. Not flash but good food and nice ambience. Beautiful gardens too.

www.dialhousehotel.com

Please
or

SamboM · 10/09/2003 10:53

btw it's worth taking the all inclusive with dinner price as the menu is pretty expensive.

Hope you have a lovely time wherever you go.

I am looking for a hotel (can't remember the name) that dh & I stayed at a few years ago that had log fire and victorian rolltop bath in the room! Again it wasn't particularly flash but had a good restaurant.

Of course there is always Babington House!

Please
or

candy · 10/09/2003 20:24

The Alveston Manor in Startford Upon Avon is lovely and v near lots of nice countryside. Theatre trip too as an added incentive!

Please
or

tealady · 10/09/2003 22:06

This is lovely - lots of roaring fires and 4 posters - Dh and I here stayed 1 night - v.romantic but also v. expensive...

Manor House Hotel Castle Coombe

Castle Coombe is lovely - it was voted best village in England or something - Bath is nearby if you get bored.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?