Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

kids in cornwall

11 replies

mum28 · 27/08/2003 18:34

does anyone know where me and my partner can take our dd 29 mths which is cheapish and fun?

OP posts:
Please
or

Crunchie · 27/08/2003 19:17

It depends on what sort of place. I just got back from a camping holiday which was fantatsic, there are loads of nice campsites that you can have a tent/mobile home to hire. My 2 yr old loved it and spent all day off playing when she could.

Please
or

mum28 · 27/08/2003 19:21

anything that involves exploring playing etc but nothing like exhibits.

OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 27/08/2003 20:33

Hello Crunchie, was wondering where you were! Good hols?

Please
or

Crunchie · 28/08/2003 14:04

Go to the good beaches where you can build great sandcastles. Daymer Bay near Rock/Polzeth is fantatsic. Also good beaches with rock pools, when the weather is cooler poking around in these can be fun for hours. Make sure you have a net a bucket and some good flip flops. We didn't go, but I fancied trying, was a place called Dairyland! It is all about milking cows, tractor rides and bottle feeding animals. If it's bad weather near St Austall is a place called Ben's Play World which is a huge indoor playcentre, you know slides, ball pools etc with no limit to time (you can stay all day!)

Lou33, thanks it was fantatstic!! Crap weather though, no suntan!

Please
or

robinw · 29/08/2003 08:24

message withdrawn

Please
or

Crunchie · 29/08/2003 17:25

Melly are you there?? I just wanted to say a big thankyou, I went to Carlyon Bay and it was fantatsic. Great Campsite, nice people couldn't have wished for more.

Please
or

eyelash · 29/08/2003 18:38

We are off to Cornwall next week for a fortnight - our third visit in as many years. Dairyland is fantastic - we went there last year and your ds will love it. I can't remember the price but it wasn't too bad and you have one free return visit within 7 days. Another place which is great for rainy days is the model railway museum in Megavissy. But weather permitting the beaches are the best, and we always planned ahead with a picnic so that we didn't get caught up in the crowds as it was still quite busy in September. We have also had two fantastic days out on Bodmin Moor. A total contrast to the sea and plenty of space to run free.

Which part are you thinking of visiting?

Please
or

Janeway · 29/08/2003 19:04

From my childhood I seam to remember loving the seal sanctuary in Gweek, Nr Helson, can't remember the price though.

Please
or

mum28 · 29/08/2003 20:00

we are staying in hayle,near st ives.

OP posts:
Please
or

wobblymum · 04/09/2003 14:42

mum28 - only just seen this thread but I live in Cornwall, near Truro, so I can give you info on anywhere you want to go. What sort of thing is your dd interested in? Would she be happy enough on a nice beach or does she need some activity or something to keep her entertained?

The seal sanctuary is quite cheap but there are usually loads of vouchers in the local paper (The West Briton) to go half price, or child free etc, so if you wanted I could send you any vouchers for places round here (my dd is 2 months, so not much good for her yet!!).

Finally, me living in deep dark Cornwall might turn out to be useful rather than a nuisance!!!

Please
or

Bozza · 04/09/2003 16:42

Take a train ride on the branchline to St Ives. It runs right along the cliffs and takes about 15 minutes (we did St Ives to St Erth return) - just the ordinary train but DS didn't mind. Seal sanctuary also good.

We also went to the Eden Project. DS enjoyed the domes (can't think of correct terminology). Also try beaches at Godrevy Point (not far from Hayle). They've got a nice rocks/sand combo and lovely views across to St Ives.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?