Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

italy in september

7 replies

hermykne · 03/08/2003 21:53

my mum,my sister me and my dd, are planning a week in italy in sept, any suggestions for full board hotels with a bit of luxury!!! and baby friendliness. we wont be driving so somenear reasonably accessible and near some cultural stuff and shopping of course!
thanks for any hints or links..

OP posts:
Please
or

hermykne · 04/08/2003 20:39

any pointers welcome...please

OP posts:
Please
or

beetroot · 04/08/2003 20:40

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

whymummy · 04/08/2003 20:42

try looking at lake maggiore,its absolutely beautiful there and milan is pretty close if you want to do some serious shopping,i dont know about hotels as i used to live there as an au pair,as for baby friendly,everywhere is baby friendly there,good luck!

Please
or

Gem13 · 04/08/2003 20:48

You don't say old DD is but just to say we took DS to Italy in May when he was 9 months old and we all had a great time.

The restaurants were great but there was very limited baby changing around. We were in Tuscany and the only dedicated place we found was in the baby section of a department store in Florence. We even changed him behind a parked car in Lucca as we were getting desperate. It's a case of being resourceful!

Please
or

tinyfeet · 04/08/2003 21:15

Hi Hermykne, We'll be there as well in September. We've booked a bed & breakfast through www.karenbrown.com and a villa through www.summerinitaly.com. I'm really looking forward to it even though I'll be quite big (6 months preggers).

We'll be staying in Florence and Amalfi. AMalfi is probably too remote to reach without a car, I think, although I have heard that the public transportation is pretty good.

Any suggestions for a travel booster seat? Someone on another thread recommended The First Years inflatable. Sorry to intrude on your thread.

Please
or

hermykne · 06/08/2003 19:49

thanks everyone for those links, my dd will be 11 months neary one at the ed of sept, i was thinking lake maggiore or amalfi!! we'll see

OP posts:
Please
or

aloha · 06/08/2003 21:26

Have you got a bit of money to spend? Look at Le Meridiana which is in Albenga, Liguria, between Portofino and Monaco but in the country. It is extremely child friendly and is a Relais and Chateaux hotel and the food in the restaurant is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I am drooling a I type. I got a three day freebie there once and dh and I dream of taking the kids there one day. It has huge, huge rooms, a pool and nice communal areas. Lots of children at breakfast. There is a golf course, but it's not intrusive if that's not your thing. Not trendy, but amazing service.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?