Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Hotels in Cambridge

10 replies

floops · 29/07/2003 23:05

Any tips on good child friendly hotels in cambridge for weekends?

OP posts:
Please
or

Mooma · 30/07/2003 16:09

If you want a budget hotel, try the Sleep Inn (a few miles out of the city nr Boxworth). When we stayed there last summer (6 adults and 7 kids) it was brand new, very affordable and the staff were welcoming and helpful. You'll find a link here:Sleep Inn Cambridge
Actually in the city, we've used the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza in Downing Street (quite expensive) and also the Regent Hotel (smaller, family-run). You'll find lots of info here
We have been going to Cambridge for so many years, our kids are now old enough to leave at home, but we still manage the odd whole-family trip. Have a great visit.

Please
or

Nome · 30/07/2003 18:21

I think the Regent Hotel burned down earlier this year...

Please
or

Mooma · 30/07/2003 22:42

Oh no, sorry about that. Such happy memories too

Please
or

Nome · 30/07/2003 22:59

They're planning to re-build. Don't know when they're re-opening though.

Please
or

Nome · 30/07/2003 23:00

Oops, pressed post before I was finished. It was kitchen fire in the take away shop next door/downstairs. The wood caught and then the roof. Nobody hurt, luckily.

Please
or

Mooma · 31/07/2003 08:23

Well, the time we stayed there they did keep us awake with the noise from the kitchen...but it wasn't me, honest!

Please
or

Tartegnin · 06/06/2004 12:57

Reviving an old thread, I know, but we're looking for a place in Cambridge in July for a weekend with dd (aged almost 5) and found this one. Any new tips would be appreciated - I'm really surprised at how many places aer already booked. By the way, the mentioned Regents Hotel is re-opening in a couple of weeks, so I will make provisional reservations there - they have a family room which is a good sign!

Please
or

fisil · 06/06/2004 13:34

There was another thread about this too - because we stayed in Hotel Felix at Christmas, and I wrote about it then. It's nice - very stylish and modern, great food and they were really good with ds. A bit out of town, though. We wanted somewhere to spend time rather than just somewhere to sleep and eat - and it was just right.

Please
or

Tartegnin · 06/06/2004 16:59

Thanks, Fisil. Actually, I saw your comments on the Felix, and we tried to book, but it's full for one of the two nights we need. Pity, because it looks really nice.

Please
or

Caribbeanqueen · 06/06/2004 17:25

Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza is quite good. They have a c ouple of rooms with a separate lounge type room on the end, so we could put dd in there and still watch tv, eat in the other bit of the room.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?