My feed

to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

General health


8 replies

starshaker · 25/05/2005 08:39

dont know what to do. my mum has what i think is a prolapse and she wont go to the docs. she says she cant as the doc is my wee sis best friends dad and my mum now knows him as a friend aswell and is too embarassed. really worried and was wandering if any1 had more info on it or advice for my mum

OP posts:
triceratops · 25/05/2005 08:49

She could go to a clinic instead maybe? It needs to be checked. My mum had a prolapse last year and had it operated on and is now 100% better. There was a huge waiting list though so she had to go private. She said it was quite painful and debilitating so it really is worth fixing.

Cam · 25/05/2005 08:52

Your mum can ask to see another doctor (woman?) in the practice

starshaker · 25/05/2005 08:56

its only a very small village and there is only 1 doctor in the practice

OP posts:
throckenholt · 25/05/2005 08:58

agree- get her to go see another gp - it really isn't something she should ignore.

And maybe she should change her gp anyway - if she can't go to him for personal things then he isn't going to be much good as her gp ! Keep him as a friend and get a new gp.

lockets · 25/05/2005 09:00

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

starshaker · 25/05/2005 09:10

thanx will tell her the only prob is other surgeries wont take people where mum is. will try and get her to go to a clinic even if i have to make the appointment myself and drag her. btw after a prolapse is it still possable to have sex (horrible thought about parents but never mind) as read somewhere it isnt

OP posts:
starshaker · 25/05/2005 21:29

have convinced my mum to go to docs as after i saw another thread (what do ur bits look like) i saw a link for a pic of a prolapse and emaild it to her think it might have scared her into doing things.

OP posts:
throckenholt · 26/05/2005 09:10

can she see different gp at the same surgery ?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.