She is 3.9 and has always been an extremely lively, active girl and in general good health.
However, over the last 6-8 weeks:
- she has become very lethargic, (doesn't want to go to park or walk anywhere - very unusual), cries saying she is so tired.
- she has had blood in her stools on about five separate occasions,
- has vomited violently on about five separate occasions (but felt OK afterwards),
- she has molluscum warts down one side of her body from armpit to naval,
- her scalp is covered in cradle cap, which isn't responding to any treatment - her hair is coming out in clumps where the cradle cap is.
- has very enlarged lymph nodes behind/below ears.
She just seems very run down and pale with dark rings under her eyes, poor little mite, and I don't know how to help her. She eats fairly well, bit fussy but loves fruit, not so good on protein but we're getting there. I also give her a multi-vitamin. I can't help but compare her to her twin sister who simply glows with health - shiny hair, skin, eyes, tons of energy. It just emphasises how poorly she looks.
I have been to the doctor three times who just tells me to keep an eye on things! Went back last night with her and he has finally referred her to the hospital for a blood test. He has simply written on the form "tiredness". Does anyone know what they will test for - will it just be iron levels or will it hopefully be more extensive.