My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

General health

Mini Pill, BFing, and what's this now??

2 replies

Mommy2Ro · 13/11/2004 20:15

Ok, just want some experienced women out there to help me out. I have been on mini pill since my DD was 3 weeks old and am really very very good about taking it at same time every day. I am still BFing, but only about 3 times a day (in a 24 hr period, as she still wakes sometimes at night).

So, here's the question: I got a little v light spotting today after having no periods since her birth. And for the last 3 or 4 weeks I have noticed (this is a little graphic) an increase in wetness "down there" to a point where I kept thinking I had my period, but always was just something like what I used to have when ovulating. So, what's this all about now?

To be honest, am a little fearful that I have been ovulating and that this is implantation spotting. Am I paranoid? We want another pup, but don't want to try till DD is at least 2. Help!! (and thanks for reading this long rant... have been too embaressed to ask anyone f2f)

OP posts:
MummyToSteven · 13/11/2004 20:35

hi mommy2ro - the minipill doesn't necessarily stop ovulation - that's why it isn't as effective as the ordinary pill, and you have to be careful about taking it on time - but it works by preventing implantation of a fertilised egg. so you may still ovulate on some cycles - but that's normal on the minipill and nothing to worry about. being on the pill/minipill can cause your discharge to vary slightly too, and the minipill, especially at the start can cause some irregular bleeding.

hth

Mommy2Ro · 13/11/2004 20:45

Yes, that does help. I had forgotten that you do ovulate. Good to be reminded of that bc i have felt like I've been ovulating. I took the combined pill for 7 years before trying for DD, so I forget the differences sometimes... I guess the BF has been slowing down as of late, so maybe it's just that time. And DD is 12 months now, so...

Thanks for your insight.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.