Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Very quick easy dessert

SnowyLamb · 02/07/2022 16:24

I kind of forgot I'd agree to take dessert for a do tomorrow eve.

I have approx 2 hours before I'm going out tonight (including getting ready time) and if off to an event at 7:30 in the morning. Will have a very tight turnaround to get back, shower and go to the event where the dessert is needed tomorrow afternoon.

So what do I make, something that can be knocked up very quickly, preferably with things I already have and yet look impressive.

I have all the usual baking ingredients. Some frozen berries, some strawberries (possibly a little over ripe)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Yodaisawally · 02/07/2022 16:25

Eton mess

Please
or

IbizaToTheNorfolkBroads · 02/07/2022 16:27

Sponge base (I use sponge fingers if I have them)
berries
meringue top

Berry meringue cake

Please
or

NatriumChloride · 02/07/2022 16:27

Second Eton mess! Obviously buy the pre-made meringue nests and some double cream.

Please
or

Fuckitydoodah · 02/07/2022 16:27

If you can get to a shop I'd get some premium ready made meringue nests, some additional summer fruits and a big carton of cream and make Eton mess. Whip the cream and prep the fruit tonight but assemble there just before its needed otherwise the meringue will dissolve.

Please
or

Fuckitydoodah · 02/07/2022 16:28

Oh looks like I'm not the only one 😁

Please
or

LimesandClementines · 02/07/2022 16:28

Lemon cheesecake only takes me about 20 mins to prep and then stick in the fridge

Please
or

Fuckitydoodah · 02/07/2022 16:34

Or make your own pavlova and pile it high with cream, fruit and some mint sprigs if you want something a bit more impressive looking.

Please
or

CoffeeBeansGalore · 02/07/2022 16:37

Chocolate & raspberry/berry torte.

Oaty biscuit base (hob nob type). Crush 300g biscuits & mix with 70g melted butter.
Press into loose bottom flan tin & up around the sides & bake at 160 °c for 8-10 mins.

Make a dark chocolate ganache with 300ml double cream & 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, bring to a simmer & remove pan from heat. Add 260g broken dark chocolate (bourneville will do).
Stir untill all mixed & melted. Let cool & pour into the biscuit base. Put in fridge until just before you leave. Remove from tin & top with berries. Add a dusting of icing sugar to finish.

Very quick easy dessert
Please
or

YankeeDad · 02/07/2022 16:58

Frozen berries heated up and spooned hot over vanilla ice cream in each individual portion bowl.

This requires a way to heat the berries at the actual event, and it requires you to go out and buy vanilla ice cream. But it tastes really nice, and the only prep is to serve the ice cream into bowls while heating up the berries, then spoon them over the ice cream.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.