My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For related content, visit our food content hub.

Food/Recipes

Please inspire me

8 replies

Supermanspants · 19/09/2015 21:01

I am a pretty rubbish cook. I just don't have a knack for knowing what works and what doesn't.
I need ideas for low fat, quick(ish) pasta based meals
Help

OP posts:
Dancingqueen17 · 19/09/2015 22:15

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dancingqueen17 · 19/09/2015 22:16

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cdtaylornats · 19/09/2015 22:21

Mixed seafood from the supermarket
Loyd Grossman Tomato and Chilli sauce

Put Pasta on
Heat sauce in separate pan, 3 minutes before pasta is ready add seafood to sauce and heat through
Drain Pasta and add to Sauce/Seafood
Serve

10 to 12 minutes if using dried pasta. You can add garlic bread as well if you want more carbs

BeaufortBelle · 19/09/2015 22:35

Boil pasta, stir in pesto, sprinkle with parmesan and serve with rocket and cherry tom salad.

Whilst pasta boils saute one shallot finely chopped, add packet of lardons and squirt of garlic paste, let sizzle. Add half cup of chicken or marigold stock and half glass white wine and let bubble fir two mins. Turn down, add dollop of creme fraiche and tbs fresh chopped parsley. Stir into pasta.

Finely chop an onion and soften, add tin of good quality chopped toms and squirt of garlic paste, add half glass red wine and simmer for ten mins. Snip in two TBS fresh basil. Stir through pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.

Pasta bows, stir in pesto and parmesan, serve with sizxled salmon fillets and green salad.

One shallot again, white wine, juice of a lemon, packet of smoked salmon ends, small tub single cream, stir through pasta.

Pack boursin melted with butter and a bit of chicken stock, stir through pasta and salad.

That sort of thing and remembers salt and pepper and crusty/garlic bread.

BeaufortBelle · 19/09/2015 22:36

Oh, sorry, tbs snipped dill works with the smoked salmon thing.

BeaufortBelle · 19/09/2015 22:44

Oh, and you aren't a rubbish cook. Cooking is about reading the instructions and following them. If you do that it's easy peasy. Helps if you grow up with good food too. You are just an inexperienced cook who has the capacity to be a brilliant cook.

Best tip - nothing you ever cook can be better than the quality of the ingredients. Good quality has no correlation with price. Basics chopped toms with puree are fine. Basics mince with the fat fried off is tastier than super lean and v expensive. A little ham joint baked (and cheap) is oodles better than sliced stuff and more versatile.

If you want roast beef you beef a superb quality cut on the bone. If you can't afford it; buy silverside and braise.

Supermanspants · 20/09/2015 12:54

Some lovely ideas.... thank you

OP posts:
Cookingongas · 20/09/2015 19:21

For a bit different use orzo- with mixed fried mushrooms and garlic, a dollop of creme fraiche and black pepper. Delicious pasta paella type affair.

Can't go wrong with a minestrone either.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.