My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Looking into my options

4 replies

Brightstar29 · 01/09/2022 12:46

I’m 29 F, nearly 30. Been single out of a long term relationship for just over a year. Exhausted with the dating scene and seriously considering doing it on my own.

My backstory is I had 3 prior miscarriages with my ex. Conceived very easily but lost all of them early. I get extra support in the next pregnancy from hospital etc. I last checked my AMH about a year ago with medichecks and it was in a good range. I have a good job with good career prospects within the NHS, I’m not at the point I’d need to be financially yet to go it alone with donor sperm but I’m on track to be. It will probably be 2 years max and I will be there hopefully.

i do have limited family support as mum passed away 3 years ago and sister has MH issues.

I do also have my own house. I know I have time but I don’t have loads of time if you get me. The previous miscarriages have made me very aware of my fertility but Im also at slightly higher risk of having another one which I know would be difficult to go through on my own without a partner.

I could look at egg freezing right now but I’m not fully decided on this, but definitely need to know more on donor conception even if it will be a few years down the line I do this. I’ve found the donor conception network, does anyone have any experience of them and would it be worth paying the money for it for someone in my position who wants to know more but not ready to start process?

OP posts:
Babyghirl · 03/09/2022 16:42

@Brightstar29
Don't give up hope I had 4 miscarriages snd I'm now 23 weeks pregnant at 39, wish you all the best when your next pregnancy occurs x

Carajillo · 05/09/2022 16:20

Hi,
I think it would definitely worth having a look at joining they DCNetwork. They have a free webinar on 13th September where they go through the benefits of joining. There is more information on this recent thread...

www.mumsnet.com/talk/donor_conception/4613525-is-anyone-a-member-of-donor-conception-network?reply=119454766

Link to free DCN webinar..

bookwhen.com/public#focus=ev-s3cu-20220913183000

I'm a solo mum and have found the network brilliant.

C x

Carajillo · 05/09/2022 16:21

bump @Brightstar29

99pctpractice · 08/09/2022 05:05

I am so sorry you have experienced so many miscarriages. I would def recommend considering getting a fertility mot and potentially egg freezing now if you've had 3 miscarriages. With 3 miscarriages you should be able to get at least some investigations done on the nhs. For egg freezing, you can look into egg sharing programs to keep the cost down. If you have any concerns about your fertility it's better to find out sooner than later because as you get older you may have other issues to contend with such as egg quality etc. best of luck!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.