My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Husband left, i still desperately want dc 2...what next

8 replies

whymewhyme · 10/05/2022 06:56

Husband left me 2 weeks ago, we were ttc for 2yrs for dc2. He's taken the chance away from me and i dont want him leaving me stop me from having another child.

It's all still raw, i wont do it yet but maybe in 6 months or so.

Has anybody got any advice on how to get started with donor sperm? And how much does it Cost?

OP posts:
SunshinePie · 10/05/2022 07:00

Can I ask what is behind the urge for a second child? Like is a biological urge, or because you want your first child to have a sibling etc? Maybe think about the consequences for a child growing up without a father. My friend grew up never meeting her father (sperm donor) and she said she always feels a profound loss and gap in her life where a father figure should be 😔

CloseYourEyesAndSee · 10/05/2022 07:06

Really?
I think you should focus on the child you have and recovering from your marriage ending before you even consider having another baby.
being a sole parent is hard. Don't underestimate how difficult it can be and adding another baby completely solo would be extremely challenging.

KangarooKenny · 10/05/2022 07:33

You need to stop and really think about this.
Take the time to get over your marriage before you think about this.

ChoiceMummy · 10/05/2022 12:59

whymewhyme · 10/05/2022 06:56

Husband left me 2 weeks ago, we were ttc for 2yrs for dc2. He's taken the chance away from me and i dont want him leaving me stop me from having another child.

It's all still raw, i wont do it yet but maybe in 6 months or so.

Has anybody got any advice on how to get started with donor sperm? And how much does it Cost?

If you were already ttc for 2 years, before remotely considering buying any donor sperm, for which costs vary depending on the quality of vials and MOT factor of the sperm, I'd be going to a clinic for a full fertility assessment of yourself, to make sure that there are not now any underlying reasons for not having conceived. There's no point buying sperm if there's any issues that can be rectified to improve chances of pregnancy and live birth.

whymewhyme · 11/05/2022 12:06

I'm not going to do it any time soon or if at all. I would love another child as its all I've ever wanted. Ive had scans ect everything was fine with that and bloods for ovulation are also fine.

OP posts:
SherlieXOXO · 20/04/2023 11:11

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

b0zza1 · 22/05/2023 10:06

Hi @whymewhyme It sounds like you have been and are going through a lot. There are plenty of single mother's by choice and I don't see why you can't be looking into this while the dust is settling. Sounds very sensible to start to gather information before going ahead. Keep watching this forum I reckon and there is also very good info about sperm donation on the Infertility forum here and just google single mother's by choice. Good luck.

tigger2022 · 23/05/2023 22:34

I love being a SMBC, it’s the best thing I ever did. It’s good you’re giving yourself some time to think because you have to really want it, a donor conceived child is not a consolation prize. If you do decide to go ahead, I recommend using a clinic for IUI - it’s more likely to work 😊

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.