Please
or
to access all these features

Donor conception

ICI, IUI..?

1 reply

Ladybug0390 · 26/12/2020 16:09

Hey all,

I am in a same sex couple and trying to make sense of all the information which is needed to make a baby as we’d like to start trying in the new year.
Anyone who’s used any of the above please can you share your experience? What clinics you used (if any), where you sourced your sperm and any advice you might have?
We’re finding it hard to find any information from people who have had these experiences.
I am looking to carry first and I don’t think I have any fertility issues but will have a chat with my doctor in the new year about doing more tests.

Thank you in advance to everyone who will reply :)

Vanessa

OP posts:
Please
or

ODAAT260718 · 31/12/2020 18:28

Hi Ladybug. I am also in a same sex couple and will be starting my medication tomorrow. I was lucky that my partner had already gone through the process and has a son (after her first IUI treatment) so she knew a lot about it. We have used Complete Fertility and used their Donor bank (although my partner already had reserves from previous treatment). We are paying privately but I guess if you are looking for help with funding then your GP would be the first stop. The clinic has been really helpful with info and I believe there is a Facebook support group for each clinic. Good luck with your journey x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?