My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Divorce, separated 20 months

6 replies

AlwaysSunshine81 · 10/01/2019 19:42

I am applying on the gov site, I have applied for help with fees. I understand the cost is £550.
My problem is do I wait u til we have been separated 2 years and there are no reasons to give or do I apply now and put it down to behaviour as he’s a compulsive liar and has just had a baby with someone else without telling me. I want rid of him.
Are here other costs involved? I feel like he should pay half too.
Thanks for your help

OP posts:
AlwaysSunshine81 · 10/01/2019 19:43

Or do I need to do this through a solicitor?

OP posts:
Flower64 · 10/01/2019 21:09

If you only for a divorce on the ground aid unreasonable behaviour you can ask for him to go for the cost of the divorce. You can do that all online that’s how I’ve done mine and I’ve just applied for my decree nisi now

MissTook · 10/01/2019 21:13

Have a look at the wiki divorce site, op. It has a forum there too with some very good advice.

AlwaysSunshine81 · 10/01/2019 21:17

Sorry I don’t understand about getting him to go for the cost of the divorce?

OP posts:
GemmaFoster · 10/01/2019 22:59

You don’t need to go through a solicitor. With unreasonable behaviour you can proceed with the divorce even if he doesn’t sign the forms & send them back but you’ll need to prove he knows that you’ve served a petition even if he chooses not to sign them. Options would be for example a court bailiff or process server. With grounds of 2 years it has to be by consent and separation 2 years before you start the proceedings - he has to sign the papers. In terms of costs if you get help with fees for your £550 there are no other costs for a straightforward divorce unless you pay a solicitor. Help with fees would also cover bailiffs etc if through the court.

Redglitter · 11/01/2019 01:50

Why are you posting all your threads more than once? Confused

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.