My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Legal Aid Solicitors needed..

6 replies

Anaify · 27/06/2018 18:04

My husband wants to divorce me. Pls can anyone recommend any good Legal aid Family/Divorce solictors within the Cheshire Area preferable

OP posts:
sosickofthisshit · 27/06/2018 21:20

I'm pretty sure you can't get legal aid for divorce in England, only Scotland.

TheFormidableMrsC · 27/06/2018 21:22

Unless there is a reported history of domestic abuse, there is no legal aid unfortunately. I had to self rep my way through divorce/finances and now children's matters. You can try and get through to Rights of Women but my God it's hard.

Anaify · 27/06/2018 21:48



OP posts:
Anaify · 27/06/2018 21:55


Theres history of emotional abuse, domestic voilence. Police, Social services, GP etc r aware but i didnt press charges.

Do i stand a chance of getting Legal Aid?

OP posts:
Anaify · 27/06/2018 21:58



OP posts:
TheFormidableMrsC · 28/06/2018 00:13

Hi OP, it is probably worth enquiring if you have records of this. I would call Resolution in the morning and have a chat with them. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, you could try Women's Aid and your local CAB.

Good luck Flowers

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.