I am becoming increasingly unhappy at home and starting to realise I can't go on like this. I will list a few of my reasons:
(1) I have just turned 46, DH is 56. He acts older. I am bored.
(2) We have nothing in common apart from the kids (14 and 10).
(3) We haven't had sex since our youngest was a toddler. My fault as, at first I was just tired, but then realised I wasn't sexually attracted to him. There will never be sex/affection between us again.
(4) I am pretty fun loving and look young for my age. He is the opposite.
(5) We have no grandparents around (all RIP) so have struggled over the years with work etc.
(6) I have a career that his job (not what I'd call a professional role) has messed about. Hours not compatible.
(7) We are just not compatible. I find myself wanting to get out of the house away from him all the time
(8) he thinks more of me than I think of him
How did you know it was time to call it a day (this is a question to anyone who has separated)? I honestly dread the day he retires!
I am thinking of doubling the mortgage payments for a year to clear the mortgage and will give it a year to make up my mind but I, seriously, cannot go on like this. I have no sex life/no affection/I am bored silly. I am becoming increasingly grouchy around him too.
I stay for the kids but not sure I can for my sanity.
What can I do?
Unhappy at home - when to call it a quits...
unhappyandconfused · 30/03/2018 17:39
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.