My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Divorce - moving

1 reply

Bomken123 · 25/01/2014 17:02

I have been married for 22 years with 4 children. There has been physical abuse on me and emotional abuse on myself and children. I was raised to stay married through think and thin as per vows made on my wedding day. My husband has mental Heath issues, stress, anxiety, depression which then led him to be an alcoholic. I have had him arrested on many occasions but withdrew for fear of hurting him or him being sent to prison. I did finally go through with the charges a few years ago and he had to take a domestic violence course as part of him conditions. He recently moved out for a few months and seemed to be better, got a job and wasn't drinking supposedly. So he moved back in and it was ok until he couldn't be bothered to get a job and started hiding alcohol again. This started argument which led to social care requesting him to leave the family home and get help. He is now in a centre with programs to help him with his issues but still denies he is alcohol dependant. He now tells me that I was the cause of all his problems and his drinking and that he doesn't love me, doesn't 't trust me to not call the police on him, has not missed me and that the relationship is over and I am to move on. He has made that decision so I will honour that. My family want me to move back home to Northern Ireland so that they can support us and help us get through this whole situation. Can I move to Northern Ireland with my children. I am up and down like a yoyo! I know it is the right thing to do but stupidly still hope that he will change and do the right things for his family. Any ideas!

OP posts:
PrincessPants30 · 25/01/2014 21:08

I'd go and see a solicitor for a free 30 minute consultation.

Sorry you've been through all of that. Take care of you and the kids.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.