Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

How to get a book published?

BirthdayKake · 26/07/2018 06:17

Just that really. I've always loved writing although I know it's unlikely I'd be published!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LJdorothy · 01/08/2018 20:31

Make sure your work is as good as it can be. Check it for errors and check it again. Write a synopsis and covering letter. Send it all (usually first three chapters of your MS but check their websites) to several agents and wait and see. Alternatively, you could enter your work in writing competitions.

Please
or

BirthdayKake · 02/08/2018 08:22

Thank you :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

LJdorothy · 02/08/2018 18:47

Choose your agents carefully. The Writers and Artists Yearbook is a useful resource and there's lots of advice on their website too.

Please
or

spottybetty · 02/08/2018 22:48

Surely you can google how to get your book published? There have been umpteen threads on here about various ways!

Being an author is not just about writing a book. It’s also about editing it, marketing it, using social media to get followers to publicise your book, etc. You need a bit of gumption...

Please
or

BirthdayKake · 04/08/2018 08:31

No gumption atm as I don't have the time for it but hopefully in the near future. I'm not on any social media though :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

LJdorothy · 05/08/2018 19:07

Write the book first. Don't worry about the rest just now. Once you've written something you're really proud of, you'll find the confidence to promote it. There are plenty of people on here who've had books published and are happy to give advice.

Please
or

BirthdayKake · 06/08/2018 06:06

Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.