Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

If you had severe symptoms with Covid infection, were they as bad the next time you caught Covid?

3 replies

mamakoukla · 04/11/2022 00:20

I caught Covid earlier in the year and it wasn’t an easy time of it. Unsurprisingly I am apprehensive about catching it again. For those people who did have severe symptoms, many symptoms, long Covid etc, and caught it again - was it equally bad, worse or not as bad?

OP posts:
Please
or

Creatingusernamesismygame · 13/11/2022 21:21

I’m the opposite. Had no symptoms first 2 times. Got covid now for third time and it’s awful for me this time. Fever, cough, aches, headache

Please
or

Mosik · 14/11/2022 15:23

I was seriously ill and in hospital first time, even after being vaccinated.
Second time it was much milder, more like a bad cold and completely different symptoms.

This research suggests the opposite though!
www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/repeat-covid-is-riskier-than-first-infection-study-finds-2022-11-10/

Please
or

TurquoiseBeach · 14/11/2022 21:36

Mosik · 14/11/2022 15:23

I was seriously ill and in hospital first time, even after being vaccinated.
Second time it was much milder, more like a bad cold and completely different symptoms.

This research suggests the opposite though!
www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/repeat-covid-is-riskier-than-first-infection-study-finds-2022-11-10/

That must have been scary. Glad you had a much better time of it second time round. Thanks for the link to the article. The guy who worked on this study posted a useful thread including a link to the study if interested. twitter.com/zalaly/status/1590738391855157249?s=46&t=14KxAEePAl4RFq7VMXIgPQ

The Reuters article mentions it was mainly older men (true), but misses out some of the context - the journal says 'Although the Veterans Affairs population which consists of those who are mostly older and male may not be representative of the general population, our cohorts included 10.3% women, which amounted to 589,573 participants, and 12% were under 38.8 years of age (the median age of the US population in 2021), which amounted to 680,358 participants. Subgroup analyses were not conducted by age, sex and race. '

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?