Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

DD going to school whilst still +ive

16 replies

PeanutButterCrumpets · 04/10/2022 12:59

DD tested positive on Saturday, so did I. School are following 3-day govt guidance rule and said she can return on Wed if she has no fever. She's in reception. Today is Tuesday and she's still testing strongly and coughing and spluttering with a very runny nose but otherwise happy. It feels morally wrong to send her in tomorrow when I know she's still contagious. Is anyone else stretching it out longer despite Govt guidance?

OP posts:
Please
or

CardiffMam · 04/10/2022 13:01

I would tell the school she has a fever. Her teacher won't thank you if you send her in.

Please
or

Mrsjayy · 04/10/2022 13:02

If she still isn't well keep her off till she is feeling better regardless of the 3 day rule.

Please
or

HappyHamsters · 04/10/2022 13:02

I wouldnt send her in with a runny nose and coughing

Please
or

PeanutButterCrumpets · 04/10/2022 13:05

Right, with a cough and runny nose she's literally leaking covid everywhere she goes. I'm going to say she's regressed and not fit to return yet.

OP posts:
Please
or

Chewbecca · 04/10/2022 13:07

Surely they mean she can’t return before three days, not that she must return after three days.

Please
or

krisskrosses · 04/10/2022 13:13

Chewbecca · 04/10/2022 13:07

Surely they mean she can’t return before three days, not that she must return after three days.

This.

Obviously, use your judgement. If she's testing positive and coughing, then her cough is going to spread the virus. It's common sense. Don't send her in.

Please
or

BattenburgDonkey · 04/10/2022 13:14

If she’s got a cough and runny nose then she’s poorly, so just don’t send her in. Forget government guidance, she’s your child so what you think is best.

Please
or

WeepingSomnambulist · 04/10/2022 13:18

She sounds unwell. If she is ill then she cant go in. The guidance doesn't mean that she must be back after 3 days when if she iis clearly unwell and needs to be resting.

Please
or

Starlightstarbright1 · 04/10/2022 13:24

The mesage we got from school was they can return after 3 days if well enough .. she doesn't sound well enough to go back, especially in reception where they are in close contact all day.

Please
or

Mamansparkles · 04/10/2022 13:26

The guidance is 3 days if no longer showing symptoms.

Please
or

Mamadothehump · 04/10/2022 14:02

Surely if she's clearly unwell you don't send her in. Covid or no covid.

Please
or

Hanleys · 04/10/2022 14:02

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

RainStalksMyWashing · 04/10/2022 14:54

Thanks OP and I wish her better.

Please
or

PerfectlyPreservedQuagaarWarrior · 04/10/2022 17:09

She doesn't actually sound well. Even if this weren't covid I'd be worried sending her in would tire her out.

Please
or

PeanutButterCrumpets · 04/10/2022 20:38

Mamansparkles · 04/10/2022 13:26

The guidance is 3 days if no longer showing symptoms.

That's the key part I think I forgot to consider: "Not showing symptoms" after 3 days. Teachers can't be expected to wipe DD's covid-ey nose. I do gather however that if she remains positive on Monday but with no more cough or runny nose, she can go in regardless of test result.

OP posts:
Please
or

PeanutButterCrumpets · 04/10/2022 20:38

RainStalksMyWashing · 04/10/2022 14:54

Thanks OP and I wish her better.

Thanks so much @RainStalksMyWashing

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?