Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Tested positive for the second time

4 replies

C1239 · 02/10/2022 21:51

First had it towards the end of last year, just tested positive for a second time. Gutted to have it again. I’m worried because obviously it’s longer since having the vaccines. Can anyone give me positive stories that this variant isn’t as bad?! I’m so frustrated to catch it again, but is it just going to be one of these reoccurring things that everyone catches on and off?

OP posts:
Please
or

VerifiedBot2351 · 02/10/2022 21:59

I had it for the second time in the summer, and it was nowhere near as bad as first time around in late 2020.

Please
or

BeanStew22 · 02/10/2022 22:21

I had it in March & again 2 weeks ago - so much milder second time around

Hope you get better soon OP

Please
or

Jules912 · 03/10/2022 14:50

I had it in March and again August. First time was sickest I've ever been and left me with long Covid, August one more a mild cold. In fact the cold I had 3 weeks later was worse.

Please
or

0pheIiaBalls · 03/10/2022 15:48

I've just had it for the seventh time (fourth this year). I'm CEV and have had antivirals in the past, but this time my symptoms were so mild it was decided I didn't need them. I felt a bit groggy, very tired, had the odd coughing fit and that was that, really.

Six times vaccinated, although my last one was literally a couple of days before I tested positive so hadn't had a chance to work yet!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?