Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Negative result

5 replies

flashpaper · 30/07/2022 13:26

I tested positive over a week ago, a very clear came up straight away positive test. I'm still testing positive but very faint now. DP tested positive the same day, faint but came up in 10 mins and is now testing negative.
DD tested the day we did and was negative despite having a little cough. She's now coughing like she smokes 40 a day (she's 12, she definitely doesn't!). I've done two LFTs on her today and she's still negative. Is this accurate? How can this be accurate? She's had the worst cough of all of us.

OP posts:
Please
or

LetMeInYourWindow · 30/07/2022 15:52

Plenty of people never tested positive on LFT but were positive on PCR when they were a thing.
It could just be a false negative given that you are both positive and she has symptoms.

Please
or

Jules912 · 30/07/2022 15:53

She'll likely test positive tomorrow.

Please
or

mixedupmother · 30/07/2022 15:57

I'm pretty sure I'm on day 10 of having Covid but didn't have a positive test until day 6.

Please
or

leccybill · 30/07/2022 15:59

I tested neg all last week but had the sorest throat ever, shallow breathing, fatigue, headache - the whole shebang. Pretty certain it was Covid.

Please
or

CantaloupeMelon · 30/07/2022 17:33

If you tested her today and previously tested her over a week ago, she could have been positive in the interim (eg the day after her negative test) and is now negative again. Kids seem to stay positive for shorter than adults IME.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?