Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Bad batch? (Tests)

4 replies

Earlyagain · 24/07/2022 11:56

I bought a pack of 25 tests (flow flex) as heading away for a week with a vulnerable person. Did a test yesterday morning and was clearly negative. Left test on the side and about 2 hours later there was a very faint line (I know you should ignore after X amount of time) repeated test with another one from the box and also found an older but in date NHS pack. Both negative.

Repeated test this morning and the exact same thing happened. What do you think? Bad batch. Negative? Positive? FWIW no symptoms just the odd sneeze!

OP posts:
Please
or

Itsnotwhatitlookslike · 24/07/2022 12:41

I have to say I have never had a line appear any time after the 30 mins, and I’ve been testing at least twice a week since LFT first started as I’m NHS.
I’ve even just checked the flowflex in the bathroom bin that I’ve done this week, still no line. I also have someone I visit CEV and would discount the lines you see coming up after time. If you had put it in the bin you wouldn’t have even seen it but I do understand you doubting the results.

As you are with a CEV person (seeing regularly or just one off visiting qualifies) you can order free tests from the NHS site to keep them safe.

Please
or

Jules912 · 24/07/2022 14:22

My DS gets faint lines on the flowflex ones about half the time. After getting the first few confirmed as false by PCR ( back when you could) we just ignore them now. His real positive was a lot darker.

Please
or

Earlyagain · 24/07/2022 16:36

Thank you both!

OP posts:
Please
or

0pheIiaBalls · 25/07/2022 11:07

I test almost daily and this used to happen to me sometimes with the Flowflex ones. DH always used to test positive on them, to the point where there was absolutely no point in him using them.

The NHS ones are far more reliable, I think.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?