Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid twice within a month!

27 replies

Mummy289 · 23/07/2022 23:10

Felt poorly, and yes positive again just under a month from having it before. Anyone else had it so quickly again!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fenella123 · 23/07/2022 23:21

Jeebus, I guess I'll hang on to the FFP2 & 3 masks then ! (Had it a few weeks ago).

I guess if someone catches Omicron and then later runs into a person with a more "vintage" variant (or vice versa) it can happen.

Please
or

Mummy289 · 24/07/2022 03:26

Yes it def can. I thought I would have some immunity! Only just been able to smell again!

OP posts:
Please
or

Blogdog · 24/07/2022 04:50

Placemarking as I had Covid three weeks ago and am currently awake running a temp of 38.6. Just did a test and it’s negative but wouldn’t be surprised if it turns positive over the next day or so. I feel exactly like I did when I tested the first time.

Please
or

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 07:45

There's a medical professional on tiktok who said with the new varient, it's escaping immunity and there are reports of reinfections within 21 days.

I hope you feel better soon and keep us posted how you are.

I want to put myself into lockdown. Limit mixing with people and going out but I can't.

Please
or

ShatParp · 24/07/2022 08:04

Yes 4 weeks apart and I've heard of several others having it twice in a month too! I had identical symptoms both times. Hope you feel much better asap OP!

Please
or

JenniferBarkley · 24/07/2022 08:10

Happened to a colleague around Christmas in the delta/Omicron overlap. Her two student age DC brought home one variant each. She had one, tested negative and was quickly positive again with the other.

Please
or

AhaLyn · 24/07/2022 09:10

Ugh this is my worst nightmare if this happens. The latest strain I caught totally wiped me out. I am a lot better and negative now but gosh I couldn’t cope with it twice in a month!!

Please
or

AppleKatie · 24/07/2022 09:11

Argh this thread is depressing. Currently positive and the only thing keeping me going was that I’d at least have some immunity for a bit…

Please
or

Mybeautifulfriend22 · 24/07/2022 09:15

Yeah I’ve read that there’s no immunity really. Obviously your body might create something but an infection is not that guarantee.

Depressing while I’ve just had it and wasn’t seriously ill. I didn’t feel well for a few days and odf symptoms came back even when I was better .I was hoping to get outr September holiday out of the way before catching the fecker again!

Please
or

Allmarbleslost · 24/07/2022 09:17

And there was me thinking I'm safe for a bit because I only had it a couple of months ago. I hope you feel better soon op.

Please
or

Mybeautifulfriend22 · 24/07/2022 09:18

Fenella123 · 23/07/2022 23:21

Jeebus, I guess I'll hang on to the FFP2 & 3 masks then ! (Had it a few weeks ago).

I guess if someone catches Omicron and then later runs into a person with a more "vintage" variant (or vice versa) it can happen.

People who had earlier omicron are now catching it again. The new variant (5?) has mutated again with some characteristics back towards delta. So I presume it’s changed enough to evade our immune systems.

Please
or

Mummy289 · 24/07/2022 09:37

Tbh I was hoping we were safe till the end of the holidays at least!
Hoping it will be a bit milder.
Imagine winter with cold/flu and covid monthly 😂🤦🏼‍♀️.
I have only had covid once and pretty sure it was the new varient. So assuming may of caught a older one?
I am fully jabbed too.

OP posts:
Please
or

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 09:41

With so much covid about, it's just going to keep circulating. It's depressing if this is it going forward.

I had covid from July the 4th. Then on Thursday/Friday I had a tummy bug. I got that dose from a friend with apparently never had covid and he said he tested but it was negative. At this stage I am thinking if his dose was covid and if I got it again.

The first time wasn't fun. Some days of high fever, loss of taste and smell, slight cough.

This weeks sickness floored me.. Absolutely floored me. I was so ill.

Please
or

BeyondMyWits · 24/07/2022 09:41

Mine was 77 days between positive tests... I test for work and no one believed me (April and June), now the news is saying people are reinfected after 21 days even, they are less sneery about it.

Please
or

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 12:45

BeyondMyWits · 24/07/2022 09:41

Mine was 77 days between positive tests... I test for work and no one believed me (April and June), now the news is saying people are reinfected after 21 days even, they are less sneery about it.

Covid can be a though dose. I had a few days of fever and body aches, and then I thought I was getting better than I lost my taste and smell and then I had a cough. So it was ok-ish. Still wasn't nice.

If sickness sis going to circulate around and around, every 2 or 3 months, this is going to collapse many sectors.

How can businesses keep going when staff are sick? Maybe a customer base might be depleted too. Then there is the stress on the medical side of the situation on GPs and hospitals. I know covid isn't as serious as it once was but it is causing issues.

I have an underlying condition and that is flaring after my dose of covid. Not only that I think my immune system is getting out of whack. I was floored with a tummy bug. Not only that, there's something else happening. I was sitting down last night and I got an electric shock feeling in my shoulder blade. It was so strange. I presume it's from being sick and sick again.

Please
or

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 12:48

I think we are all going to have. Apart to play going forward as in isolate and minimise contacts if you're not well but that's never ever going to happen. Ever. Unfortunately.

There is a sizable portion of the population who just don't care about other people and they are gaslighting others saying that covid is here for good now so we need to get back to normal. We'll, the new normal is to isolate yourself if you are not well and not to spread sickness about. That doesn't have to apply for covid only. There are other sicknesses too.

It's never going to happen though. People will feel they have a right to spread sickness to whoever they feel like.

Please
or

LovinglifeAF · 24/07/2022 16:16

Oh dear, that’s unfortunate. I had it in June and assumed I’d get at least the summer out of it. Mind you I doubt I’ll test again so I probably won’t know!

Please
or

LovinglifeAF · 24/07/2022 16:19

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 12:48

I think we are all going to have. Apart to play going forward as in isolate and minimise contacts if you're not well but that's never ever going to happen. Ever. Unfortunately.

There is a sizable portion of the population who just don't care about other people and they are gaslighting others saying that covid is here for good now so we need to get back to normal. We'll, the new normal is to isolate yourself if you are not well and not to spread sickness about. That doesn't have to apply for covid only. There are other sicknesses too.

It's never going to happen though. People will feel they have a right to spread sickness to whoever they feel like.

Or maybe they care more about being able to continue to work and earn money in a cost of living crisis than the health of random strangers, who should have had multiple vaccine, and their risk of severe illness and death reduced?

I did isolate when I had it and I would if I had symptoms again. I can wfh though. But people will always care about their own more than strangers. I’d find it more weird if someone willingly put themselves into financial hardship to stop randoms getting unwell.

Please
or

Whitehorsegirl · 24/07/2022 17:05

A couple of months ago I was told a colleague had developed the symptoms of Covid for the 3rd time since the beginning of the pandemic. I know other people who had had it twice already.

I have never had Covid despite living in London and being in contact with people who tested positive shortly after.

Baffling how this seems to be such a lottery in term of who gets it and how often...

Please
or

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 18:02

LovinglifeAF · 24/07/2022 16:19

Or maybe they care more about being able to continue to work and earn money in a cost of living crisis than the health of random strangers, who should have had multiple vaccine, and their risk of severe illness and death reduced?

I did isolate when I had it and I would if I had symptoms again. I can wfh though. But people will always care about their own more than strangers. I’d find it more weird if someone willingly put themselves into financial hardship to stop randoms getting unwell.

It's not just the health of random strangers. When people move about as normal when ill, it is the health of colleagues, students, peers, friends, family, neighbours, clients, close contacts.

I was sick a few weeks ago and I would put money on my exposure being from my boss. He was not well with sinitius and cough. I certainly am not living a restricted life but my movements are limited. Especially when I have a full time job. Often my only movements is home and work and back and forth. Within the week of his dose, I became ill. I am fully vaccinated and it was far from mild.

I became sick once more last week when a friend made little of D+V. He tested and it was covid so it was fair game to move about as normal. Once more I became very sick.

There is nothing fair about people moving about while sick and making little of it while sickness spreads. Passing more hardship onto more people is not the answer because you want to go to work when sick.

Please
or

0pheIiaBalls · 25/07/2022 11:04

SummersBreeze · 24/07/2022 18:02

It's not just the health of random strangers. When people move about as normal when ill, it is the health of colleagues, students, peers, friends, family, neighbours, clients, close contacts.

I was sick a few weeks ago and I would put money on my exposure being from my boss. He was not well with sinitius and cough. I certainly am not living a restricted life but my movements are limited. Especially when I have a full time job. Often my only movements is home and work and back and forth. Within the week of his dose, I became ill. I am fully vaccinated and it was far from mild.

I became sick once more last week when a friend made little of D+V. He tested and it was covid so it was fair game to move about as normal. Once more I became very sick.

There is nothing fair about people moving about while sick and making little of it while sickness spreads. Passing more hardship onto more people is not the answer because you want to go to work when sick.

But millions of people have no choice but to 'move around freely when ill'. It may not be fair, but that's they way it is. If people don't go into work, they don't get paid in a lot of instances. Even teachers have to be back at work within a few days of a positive test, whether they're ill/still positive or not.

Don't have a go at the people who have to earn a living despite being unwell. Have a go at the system that means they have no support to do otherwise.

And also accept that covid is here to stay and nothing anyone can do will protect everyone, unfortunately.

Please
or

User737382747374 · 25/07/2022 20:27

my daughter had it twice within 5 weeks. Both V mildly, but she was a close contact each time and doing lft's (back late last year/early this year). I wouldn't have known if we didn't test her. The symptoms were zero-minimal!

Please
or

pennee · 26/07/2022 09:13

Me too. Tested positive 23 June. Been negative since July 4th and testing for work purposes. Positive nasal test this morning. Negative on a nose and throat but work won’t let me in so back to home working again 👎
feel hot this morning but I’m peri menopausal and just started HRT so thought it was that. Annoying if the other tests come positive and I get symptoms.

Please
or

Mummy289 · 26/07/2022 10:34

@User737382747374 im pleased for your daughter! I personally had it really rough was my first time, my head ache was awful and I couldn’t stand as was so dizzy, couldn’t do anything felt awful. Since have had a sinus infection from the covid which is being treated for.
Now positive again. Symptoms are milder head normal as bad but can’t stop coughing. Like a heavy cold. However it’s now been a difficult 4 weeks as have just felt poorly the whole month! We are in summer too!

OP posts:
Please
or

SummersBreeze · 26/07/2022 13:21

Mummy289 · 26/07/2022 10:34

@User737382747374 im pleased for your daughter! I personally had it really rough was my first time, my head ache was awful and I couldn’t stand as was so dizzy, couldn’t do anything felt awful. Since have had a sinus infection from the covid which is being treated for.
Now positive again. Symptoms are milder head normal as bad but can’t stop coughing. Like a heavy cold. However it’s now been a difficult 4 weeks as have just felt poorly the whole month! We are in summer too!

That's it. A mild dose wouldn't be too bad but getting a heavy dose and a prolonged sickness isn't going to be nice. And the idea of it over and over.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?