Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Confused about test, help!

3 replies

honeybooboo33 · 11/07/2022 09:40

Dh tested positive this morning. His symptoms seem to have quite literally appeared overnight. The line on the LFT was very faint, but he isn't great at tolerating the swab in his throat so im not sure if we got a good sample. Could the faint line be due to this? Or could it mean he is coming to the end of the virus? (Im led to believe the fainter the line gets the closer you are to being rid of it!) however that doesn't make sense when you consider his symptoms have only just started...what does this mean?!

OP posts:
Please
or

Jules912 · 11/07/2022 10:24

I had a faint line at the start, which was a lot darker when I did my day 5 test ( back when that was a thing) then gradually faded towards the end. The faint line didn't surprise me as I'd had a negative PCR the day before ( when my symptoms started).

Please
or

mrsdolittle · 11/07/2022 10:28

I had a very very faint positive on Saturday. Followed by a very clear positive yesterday.

Third bout of covid for me and previously I have always started with a very clear positive that gets fainter and fainter as I recovered. But this time is a bit different.

I would suggest your DH is at the beginning rather than the end.

Please
or

Tillow4ever · 11/07/2022 11:37

You can get a faint line at the beginning too. I had awful symptoms for 2 days before I finally got a very faint positive. The day I got that was the sickest I was the whole time in fact. I believe PCR's show up a lot sooner than LFT's.

I wouldn't worry about how faint it is - it could be he's at the start, he could be at the end or it could have been a crap sample. But it doesn't change the fact he has covid.

If he feels well, you could continue to daily test so if he's at the end he could get back to things as soon as he gets a negative. I think it's more likely he's at the start and the result will become clearer over the next few days.

Hope he isn't too unwell with it!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?