Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid Symptoms?

22 replies

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 20:08

I had been very careful over the last two years. Recently I had my nails and hair done and didn't wear a mask.

I've had a headache and sore throat today. I'm a bit worried it could be covid as I saw my elderly parent yesterday and they live with someone unvaccinated?

Anyone had these symptoms and when is the best time to take a covid test?

OP posts:
Please
or

Pollywoddles · 07/07/2022 20:10

That’s how my husbands dose of Covid started last week. He tested positive that day.

Please
or

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 20:11

Has he had any other symptoms? I hope he is feeling better.

OP posts:
Please
or

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 20:12

I am going to take a covid test this evening

OP posts:
Please
or

dontblameme · 07/07/2022 20:14

I started with sore throat, negative for two days then tested positive on day 3. If it is covid, with any luck you weren't contagious when you saw your parent.

Please
or

Lupinhere37 · 07/07/2022 20:14

Mine started with headache and a scratchy throat, rather than particularly sore. I know lots of people who currently have it who started with identical symptoms. For most of us the positive test came two to three days after the symptoms started.
With luck, you won’t have passed it on. My DH hasn’t caught it off me and neither of us caught it off DD a few weeks ago.

Please
or

Jalisco · 07/07/2022 20:14

That's how mine started. It was really mild for me, but obviously if you have it you may have inadvertently passed it on. I think you all need to test, but if your parent lives with someone unvaccinated then they know they are always taking a risk. What is done is done. You need to deal with what is now.

Please
or

LIZS · 07/07/2022 20:16

How recently? Current strains seem to transmit more rapidly.

Please
or

pinklavenders · 07/07/2022 20:16

Mine started with a sore throat for the first two days.... fingers crossed it's not covid got you

Please
or

WhiteFire · 07/07/2022 20:20

I have COVID now. Yesterday (Weds) I had a sore throat and a bit of a cough, the day before (Tues) I just felt a little run down. Took a test both of those days in the morning and both negative. Didn't feel too great all of yesterday to the point I brought home my laptop and work file, just in case.

This morning, felt really rough, lft went positive immediately.

I haven't been particularly careful nor have I been reckless the last two years, I am surprised I lasted this long, but it has been doing the rounds at work for a few weeks so it was only time.

Sore throat and headache are two of the most common symptoms (breathlessness, loss of smell has dropped right down the list of common symptoms) Hope you feel better soon and haven't passed it on. FWIW I was around people for ages who had it and only now have I actually caught it so it isn't a given if you have it you will pass it on.

Please
or

WhiteFire · 07/07/2022 20:22

I've had a little bit of a dicky tummy, (tmi alert) not diarrhea, but needed to go frequently and it is fairly loose.

Please
or

Autumn101 · 07/07/2022 20:24

I tested positive this morning, my first symptoms were yesterday afternoon - felt really tired and achy then by bedtime had a high temperature and totally exhausted. Today I feel like I’ve got a cold and a headache/tired feeling. One of the DC is also positive but no symptoms yet, DH and other DC negative so far

Please
or

Pollywoddles · 07/07/2022 20:26

Sneezing, coughing, feeling hot and cold and night sweats for the first couple of nights. He was very tired too. He’s feeling much better now thanks! I hope you don’t have it
and feel better soon!

Please
or

snowflake29 · 07/07/2022 20:29

I tested positive on Monday and had a scratchy throat and runny nose on Sunday afternoon/evening. Faint but clear positive Monday mid morning.

Only symptoms now are the same scratchy throat and congestion, and also more tired (but that could also be down to being 31 weeks pregnant)

Please
or

overthinkersanonnymus · 07/07/2022 20:34

Day six for me - Horrible headache, dizziness, sensitive skin, really sore throat, diarrhea

Touch wood no chest issues up to now

Please
or

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 20:47

I don't feel too bad at the moment. I only went round to my parent's house to give them something at the doorstep. Fingers crossed, if I have covid, I haven't passed it on. Just waiting for covid test results.

OP posts:
Please
or

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 21:01

I hope those that have covid get better soon!

@overthinkersanonnymus - great username

OP posts:
Please
or

BogRollBOGOF · 07/07/2022 21:09

Had a scratchy throat that turned into cold symptoms, although more fatigue for a couple of days and less snot than average.

Funnily the day before the scratchy throat both this time and Christmas, I felt a very PMT mood very much at the wrong time.

Felt under par for a few days so took it easy. Now 90% back to normal in less than a week. Back to swimming (outdoors) and low impact exercise, just making sure I keep my heart rate down for a while to not over-do it. 16,000 steps today on day 6/7.

Please
or

bookfestivalsjuly · 07/07/2022 21:15

The test is negative. I will take it easy for a few days. If I test negative again on Sunday can I assume I'm in the clear?

OP posts:
Please
or

BlackeyedSusan · 07/07/2022 21:47

mine started with a dry throat, then a sore throat by lunch time the following day. tested positve then, but to be fair I had had a rather large viral load in that both my positive kids managed to breath heavily up my nosee, one from 0.0 cm distance. feeling quite poorly, as in for 24 hours had a really bad cold with shivers head ache, sore throat, groggy head. now several days of cold like symptoms and a bloody cough. I always get a cough so not unexpected.

Please
or

pettyprudence · 07/07/2022 21:55

I currently have covid for the first time and it started with a mild sore throat, then runny nose & headache, then the odd cough. Feel fairly ok though. When I took my first test I swabbed my throat as well as nostrils as I didn't feel confident that just nose would pick it up (it has on day 3 when I took an optimistic test)

Please
or

roundandrounditgoes1234 · 07/07/2022 21:58

Mine started with a sore throat and tested that day negative tested next day positive within 2 mins. Yay day horrid head ache tickly cough sneezing but headache main thing. Sore throat went first

Please
or

Blogdog · 07/07/2022 22:01

Very mild sore/scratchy throat started around 2pm last Thursday. Tested immediately and was negative. Tested later that evening at 9pm and got a positive line. Temperature, aches and pains started on Friday and continued over the weekend. Also had a bad stomach. Cough and fatigue set in on Monday, as did loss of sense of smell. All symptoms gone now with the exception of smell and some residual fatigue.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?