Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Should one rest with covid and fever?

2 replies

SummersBreeze · 07/07/2022 13:38

I have a suspected close contact from last week. He had sinitus or a cold last week. I heard it in his voice. He said he was testing negative.

Then on Monday I found a fever. All day Monday I found a fever. 38.3 to 39.3. I have a different condition so I thought it was that flaring.

I had a fever free day on Tuesday.

Yesterday morning I had a fever of 38.1 and that responded to paracetamol.

I was encouraged to test for covid and I did and it was positive.

The fever stayed away all day yesterday after the morning. I felt well enough to do jobs and go for a walk.

Then I found another fever last night again. I am just wondering if exertion contributed to another fever and should I be resting in case I fever up again?

OP posts:
Please
or

misskatamari · 09/07/2022 15:48

Yes, rest rest rest. I find it a really up and down illness, and it's easy to push yourself too much when you feel relatively okay. Rest rest rest!

Please
or

Riverlee · 09/07/2022 15:55

Yes, listen to your body. If it’s telling you to sleep, then sleep. If all you can do is slouch on the sofa (and watch MidsomervMurders) then do it. Rest and recuperation is what’s needed for this illness.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?