Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Anyone recovering from Covid ? long covid?

Zug2 · 16/11/2020 19:43

For those of you who have tested positive, just wondering how your recovery is going, as I am still having mild symptoms, but horrible fatigue, although it is improving.

How long before you felt back to normal?

I tested positive around 10th October, overall it was a mild case for 10 days, with waves of symptoms which felt like I was hit by a truck, then it would ease off for a few hours and hit again for another few hours, I didn't have respiratory issues, just a mild cough, fever, joint and muscle pain. I had horrible headache, dizzy spells and constant nausea and vomiting, then I broke out in hives last week.

I am still experiencing queasiness and headaches and have had 2 neurological 'episodes'. Dr. did blood tests last week which showed I am still fighting an infection and liver and kidney tests were slightly elevated. I have to keep track of the 'episodes' and if it continues I will be referred to a neurologist, thankfully I haven't had another one in 2 weeks, although I am finding I can be really slow to find some words, its pretty upsetting.

I am 100x better than I was, and feeling better everyday, but I can't shake the feeling that something has changed permanently, anyone else has experienced something similar, and are back to their normal self after a few weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

emoojoo · 16/11/2020 20:49

Hello, have a look at the 'my lungs' threads and the covid xxx weeks threads and you can read lots of similar experiences. I had covid back in March (no testing available then) and was ill for several months and Still have a few nerve pain symptoms/fatigue. Resting as much as you can will help recovery. Hope you feel better soon

Please
or

Babyroobs · 16/11/2020 20:52

Interesting to hear matt Hancock announce long covid clinics springing up. Hopefully people will start getting more help.

Please
or

Zug2 · 17/11/2020 08:45

Thank you, I will look for those threads @emoojoo

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mumisnotmyonlyname · 18/11/2020 09:33

I had it for 6 weeks. For me, days 33-42 were more intermittent.

Please
or

YouAreAmazing0 · 30/11/2020 10:01

Hi @Zug2
How you feeling?
I'm on week 5. I had only mild symptoms initially but since have been having awful dizziness and nausea. Wondering this morning if any point ringing gp can they do anything?

Please
or

Zug2 · 01/12/2020 20:05

@YouAreAmazing0, I am so much better finally ! The dizziness is gone, but I still get bouts of mild queasiness. Dr. told me to take motilium for the nausea, but it really didn't help that much. I hope you feel better soon.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.