Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Anxiety...how to manage during these times

5 replies

ThreeBlindNice · 15/03/2020 09:00

Anxiety is really bad. Chest pains, been being sick all morning. Can't stop reading the news. I'm not so much worried about if I get it; 30's no underlying problems but I'm worried for family members, colleagues, jobs. I wish I could wake up when it's all over.

I remember swine flu and I didn't even think much of it at the time, maybe it was because I didn't have children then.

OP posts:
Please
or

GalOopNorth · 15/03/2020 09:02

Are you on any meds?

I re started my antidepressants as I could feel myself getting overwhelmed. Feeling much more balanced now.

Flowers for you

Please
or

JaneBond0007 · 15/03/2020 09:04

I don’t know. I don’t have diagnosed anxiety or anything but I’m waking up every night almost breathless and in a panic. I then can’t get to sleep as I feel like I’m going to die.
I’m not s I worried about the actual virus but like you about losing jobs, or what if one of us needs health care for something else eg appendix out and can’t get emergency care at hospital as there are overwhelmed with cv19
I would love to know some calming techniques.

Please
or

ThreeBlindNice · 15/03/2020 09:05

Thanks @GalOopNorth
I stopped taking antidepressants just before Christmas as I was feeling okay. Feel like I don't want to go to the drs at the minute with everything going on

OP posts:
Please
or

Bluewavescrashing · 15/03/2020 09:10

I understand OP. I also have anxiety.

My strategy is to comfort myself with cups of tea, watching reassuring, familiar TV with the DCs. Cooking is a good distraction. Things like putting a load of washing on or unloading the dishwasher too. Just do little things and congratulate yourself on achieving them. My instinct is to go to bed and hide under the covers but I end up thinking too much. If you have pets, stroke them as this lowers blood pressure. Turn off the news especially rolling news on dedicated channels. If your hands are restless do some ironing or knitting or colouring in with the DCs.

Please
or

GalOopNorth · 15/03/2020 09:12

I was in the same position. Stopped in November. Can you get them to do a repeat prescription through an online form?

I get that you don’t want to go in. But maybe one visit to collect meds would be worth it? It has definitely helped me to go back on them.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?