From the Independent:
Israel has said its military recovered the body of an Israeli man killed in the October 7 attack, as it suspended noon pauses to allow the delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza City.
The country’s army branded the area “a dangerous combat zone" as it announced it would be suspending the “tactical-local ceasefire” there from 10am on Friday in a post on X.
The shift comes as Israel prepares to mobilise tens of thousands of troops to seize Gaza City, calling it a "a dangerous combat zone". In the past, the country has said that Gaza City is a Hamas stronghold, with a network of tunnels that remain in use by militants after several previous large-scale raids.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said in a statement that the body of 55-year-old Ilan Weiss of Kibbutz Be'eri as well as items belonging to another unnamed hostage were returned to Israel. His wife, Shiri, and daughter, Noga, were also abducted and later released as part of a hostage-prisoner swap deal in November 2023.
Gaza City was among the places where Israel paused fighting last month to allow food and aid supplies to enter from 10am to 8pm. The pauses applied to Gaza City, Deir al-Balah and Muwasi, three places where hundreds of thousands of displaced people are sheltering.
The city, which is the strip’s largest urban centre, is also is home to some of the territory's critical infrastructure and health facilities. In the statement, Israel's military did not say whether they had notified residents or aid groups about the plans to resume daytime hostilities.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/ilan-weiss-body-found-israel-gaza-b2816443.html