Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Baby no 3

beauophelia · 23/09/2022 14:51

Hi guys,

So I don't think this is necessarily in the right section but I really want baby number 3.

I'm so unbelievably broody - but I know deep down I can't (at this moment in time)

For multiple reasons, having baby number 3 would = more financial hardship, needing a new car, all the things that obviously come with another human.

But I just can't stop feeling so sad and broody. How can I stop feeling this way? 😭

My two girls are 18 months and the other almost 3. I love them both to pieces but I've always known I do want baby number 3 by the time these two are at school.

I probably sound totally crazy haha 😂 but I just can't get it out of my head at the moment, but I just know right now having another baby would cause huge strain so it's pretty much not an option.

I don't even really know why I'm writing this I guess it's just a vent (in a way)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gistbury · 23/09/2022 14:58

I remember lying awake in bed desperate for a third when my newborn (DS2) lay sleeping in his Moses basket next to me. I completely understand how strong that urge is and I guess just don't rule it out. Fighting these things tends to make it worse. For me, it was a bad time- financially I needed to go back to work, my parents were getting old and they are my childcare etc. That was in January 2020. End of
March COVID hit and my husbands business is IT related and so business boomed, we lost my lovely Dad to cancer and so would not rely on my parents for childcare and couldn't go back to work as planned. Lovely DD is 6 months and I feel we are complete. The time may not be right but it might be one day.

Please
or

beauophelia · 23/09/2022 15:08

@Gistbury yeah it's so sad to feel this kind of way though - I just wish I could forget about it until we can afford another and whatnot!

I hate seeing others pregnancy announcements and things at the moment as it makes me so sad haha!

Oh to be rich and not have to think about the financial side to everything.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?