Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Thinking about no 2 and forgotten everything... advice needed

6 replies

dejags · 17/09/2003 15:50

Hi All,

I havent ever posted on this board and considering mine and DH's problems (see relationships thread) I know some of you will think I am mad .

DS is 28 months old and such a treasure - the thing is he has recently started asking why he doesn't have a baby sister... this started about three weeks ago and I have to say has made me feel really broody. DH and I have discussed it and he would love another baby (he would have started ttc when DS was 3 months old if I had agreed).

The thing is I have forgotten everything about how to go about conceiving a child i.e the secrets of ovulation - signs, times etc.

I have been on the pill since DS so am pretty regular, however, in a fit of probable stupidity I decided to stop taking them three days into the pack (last week). This has resulted in my period arriving today only two weeks after the last one. I have heard that you shouldn't try to conceive until at least three months have elapsed since taking your last pill - anybody got any ideas of why this is?

Another thing is that when we were trying to conceive DS it took over a year and I ended up getting VERY anxious about it - we found out I was pg the day we were due to visit the doctor for the results of my initial fertility tests. At the time the doctor said that my results were, as he put it, inexplicable (that was before I could open my mouth to tell him about the positive pg test). I am afraid that I will revert to the obsessed woman I was when we tried before. Any hints in combatting this? I have since changed doctors so don't know if it would be worth my while visiting the doc to talk about the tests or if I should just relax and see what happens over the next couple of months.

Sorry this has been rambling... I can see myself getting anxious already. Any advice about ovulation/the pill would be greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

dinosaur · 17/09/2003 16:01

This has been withdrawn by MNHQ at the poster's request.

Please
or

zebra · 17/09/2003 16:04

Have sex daily on days 10-18 of your cycle, if you have a 28 day cycle. Else adjust up or down for longer/shorter cycles.

Must point out, though, bringing children into a relationship rarely improves the relationship....

Please
or

dejags · 17/09/2003 16:20

Hi Zebra

Is that the voice of experience speaking or just an observation? Reason I ask is that DH and I seem to be on the up and up and our problems haven't been diabolical in nature (i.e. no infidelity or anything like that), just me having no libido since going on anti-depressants for post natal depression after DS was born.

Things are much better lately and I probably do need a reality check in terms of doing this - but somehow it feels right?

OP posts:
Please
or

Bozza · 17/09/2003 16:23

I didn't wait 3 months last time. Conceived on 3rd cycle. This time it was on the first. I KNOW I'm lucky BTW but wouldn't wait.

Please
or

twiglett · 17/09/2003 16:47

message withdrawn

Please
or

zebra · 17/09/2003 17:04

Actually, Dejags, it's a bit of everything. HV leant all over me hinting that my husband would get "jealous" of the baby... I thought she was OTT, then I heard that nationally, something like 25% of domestic abuse starts during pregnancy. It's a stressful time. There are so many children in tough family situations, I can't help but feel I should discourage any more children being born into troubled families. Now that you write some of your situation it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I was thinking about... a bit of up and down is normal, but don't add more kids into a relationship which you think might not last!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?