Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

When does a pregnancy test work?

8 replies

judetheobscure · 05/09/2003 20:47

Asking for a friend here - what is the earliest you can do a pregnancy test - does it have to be after the date the next period is due or can you do them before?

OP's posts:
Please
or

twiglett · 05/09/2003 20:49

message withdrawn

Please
or

bunny2 · 05/09/2003 22:00

Generally I think from 12 days after conception ie several days before a period is due. I got negs at that point and waited till my period was a couple of days late before getting a positive. I think First Response is good for early testing.

Please
or

prufrock · 05/09/2003 22:28

First response says it works up to three days before period s due. And it did for me.

Please
or

judetheobscure · 05/09/2003 23:18

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll tell her to try First Response then.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BeckiF · 08/09/2003 15:47

Both of my gynae docs told me that Predictor can give a false positive, and they all suggest Clearblue. I've also been told that Boots own brand is very good too.

Please
or

madgirl · 10/09/2003 20:50

twiglett you get everywhere!!

Please
or

twiglett · 10/09/2003 21:24

message withdrawn

Please
or

wiltshire · 11/09/2003 09:43

I used a pg test called early bird from boots. I was only 3 weeks from conception and it was positive. Sadly I also bought clear blue and boots own make about 5 minutes after I done the test to double check but didn't get a reading of either of them so had to go back and get another early bird one to make sure I hadn't lost the plot. spent 40 quid in the end. Silly woman that I am

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?