Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

I think I've had an ovarian cyst

2 replies

Moomin · 24/08/2003 16:17

On the way home from our holiday yesterday I had a pain in my left ovary so severe that dh called an ambulance in the end & I went to hospital. They did some tests and at 1st thought it was an ectopic pg but it wasn't, thank god. Eventually thought it may have been an ovarian cyst that had burst. Because I was 100 miles from home and the pain had got a bit better after 4 hours, they let me go home with some strong painkillers and told me to see my GP for a referral to my home hosp for a pelvic scan. (They said if the pain got worse to just go straight to hosp.)
I feel very tender now (almost like I did after my c-section) and the painkillers have made me woozy but I think I can last until Tues (trust me to get ill on a bank holiday!) Anyone any experiences of a one-off cyst like this? Could this have been why I haven't got pg yet (have been ttc since Jan)? How long will I be walking ike an invalid? Any advice please? xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

twiglett · 24/08/2003 17:02

message withdrawn

Please
or

newgirl · 26/08/2003 11:10

Hi Moomin

I have a cyst that first showed up during pregnancy scans. I first realised when I had terrible pain in my right hand side at work. I thought I was miscarrying and left straight away. After a scan and identification, I went home and two days later it was just a dull ache. Now, almost a year later, I have no pain, but the odd twinge if I overdo it at the gym! The docs have been monitoring it with scans and blood tests and have suggested removal. I wanted to wait to see if it was growing as i didn't like the sound of an op. More tests in October, and I'll decide then what to do. It took me almost two years to get pregnant and I would have had the cyst then (its 4 cm across now) so don't know if that was a coincidence or not. I hope you are feeling better now, and that you are getting good help from your doc. There is good info on the nhs website about what cysts are and what is done about them etc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?