Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

spotting between periods

4 replies

Amelia73 · 12/08/2003 23:32

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question I hope this is the right forum to post in. Apologies if it's not.
My Dh and I are ttc our first baby. I stopped taking the pill a few months ago and I've noticed that around the time of ovulation I get some slight spotting.

Does anyone know if this is normal or should I be getting it checked out? Will it affect our chances of conceiving?

Thanks for any help

Amelia

OP's posts:
Please
or

aphra · 13/08/2003 10:51

Hi Amelia73
I got spotting mid-cycle all the time while on different pills, and also when ovulating off the pill, also the first month I was pregnant with dd1. certainly for me it was no big deal, the GPs weren't worried either, and I got pregnant easily 3 times. So yes I think it's very normal and nothing to worry about.

Please
or

gingernut · 13/08/2003 13:04

Spotting around the time of ovulation isn't unusual. It occurs because a bit of blood is lost when the egg bursts out of the ovary. I have had it but it was just a tiny pinkish smear, virtually nothing. It shouldn't affect your chances of conceiving and in fact helps you pinpoint when you ovulate. Spotting at implantation (about 7 days after ovulation) is also common. If you experience spotting or bleeding at other times (apart from your period of course!) it's worth mentioning to a doctor though.

Please
or

CAM · 13/08/2003 20:14

You may want to make sure you are keeping up your cervical smears.

Please
or

Amelia73 · 13/08/2003 21:14

Thanks for your replies everyone.
Like you get gingernut it's just a slight pinkish smear not actual blood, sorry I don't mean to be so graphic. Hopefully it's the egg being released and fingers crossed I might be lucky and get pregnant this month.
Cam all my smears are up to date so I'm not to worried about that.

Thanks again.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?