Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Chronic pain

Over stretched myself, but can't rest yet

4 replies

MedusasBadHairDay · 28/06/2021 09:57

I have HSD which affects all my joints and means I'm in pain 24/7. I've the years I've learnt to manage the pain, and learn my limits, so I can stop before I overdo it. In the past I was stuck in a cycle of overdoing it, then needing 3-4 days to recover.

The problem is, we are in the process of moving house and there's so much to do. I've been pushing my body beyond its limits for the past few months, but still trying to pace it. Now though we're in the last week and if I continue to pace myself we won't get everything done.

My limbs feel like they're full of lead, and every movement is difficult. I don't know how I'm going to get through this, but I can't stop.

We're hiring people to help with the actual move, but it's all the sorting and packing and prep work.

I don't think I'm expecting advice, just sympathy and a friendly ear.

OP posts:

Akire · 28/06/2021 17:23

Hi that sounds tough. Moving house always has millions of jobs that you feel have to be done. Can you cut back on what is essential? I know it’s great not to move loads of junk but if you are paying people help you pack and same size truck anyway?

So when it comes to moving drawers just tip them all into boxes and not bother sorting them out. Or open each draw take out what essential items you may need in first few weeks then tip rest in box. Same with paperwork and books it’s the sorting and organising takes all the time that’s why people who pack are so quick it’s just dump and go!

Do you have anyone who you can ask to come and help blitz for few hours with you? It’s horrible have to ask but when you are really struggling something has to give!

Akire · 30/06/2021 08:03

How you getting on OP? I guess you are to busy to report back you are to busy! Grin do hope you haven’t dropped in total heap yet.

MedusasBadHairDay · 30/06/2021 10:53

I'm still standing, just. I figure I just need to get through the next day and then I can stop (for a day at least). I do feel like I'm moving through treacle though, everything is so much effort.

I think I've got most of it done now though. Ticking off items on my to do list helps it feel less hopeless.

Unfortunately the only person who is free to help is probably the least helpful person we know, they'd end up creating more work for us and get in the way at the same time. I don't think I could cope with that 😂

OP posts:

Akire · 30/06/2021 12:27

Well done ! Yes we all know people like that don’t we

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?