Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Christmas lights shopping help

11 replies

CrazyBaubles · 11/10/2021 20:11

Hi Xmas Smile I'm hoping someone can help me find some new lights for my Christmas tree please.

I'm a very indecisive person and flip between wanting tasteful warm white lights and nostalgic, fun coloured lights.
I'm pretty sure a poster here mentioned previously that she had lights that could be white or coloured and despite me looking a lot I can't find any online and DH is going to pass out from eye rolling if I ask him again to help me find them!

Has anyone heard of these or have any idea where I can find some please?

OP posts:
Please
or

Newdad19 · 11/10/2021 20:36

Try lights 4 Fun. We have bought a loaf of Christmas lights from them and they are great. You can get a discount code easily too

Please
or

Newdad19 · 11/10/2021 20:36

Load*

Please
or

Moonface123 · 11/10/2021 20:37

I brought some very nice "sunset" fairy lights on amazon. They are warm red and orange, as l like strong colours. They make the room feel so warm and cozy, and l always get a lot of compliments on them.
Look on Amazon or Ebay , they have a huge range on there.

Please
or

CrazyBaubles · 11/10/2021 20:40

Thank you both!
I'd actually looked on Lights 4 Fun for a few other bits but wasn't sure how good their stuff would be but I'll have another look now Xmas Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Newdad19 · 11/10/2021 20:44

We have found lights 4 fun really great quality. We bought some extendable outdoor lights and lanterns for the garden in summer and were so impressed we have spent £££ on Halloween and Christmas lights since. All been really great quality and customer service also been good (we had bought something and the next week they announced a discount code and refunded us the difference)

Please
or

annabannan · 11/10/2021 21:33

I saw some on wowcher that you can change the colours via an app

Please
or

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER · 12/10/2021 17:46

How about a set of each? Last year I had a set of warm white plus a set of old fashioned coloured ones on our (real) tree. The coloured ones weren’t enough on their own. It looked lovely.

Please
or

DappyApple · 12/10/2021 18:02

If I’m remembering correctly, I think the poster you may be referring to put a set of each on her tree and switched between them depending on her mood.

There are lights called twinkly that do all manor of dancing shiz, with every colour imaginable, they are pretty cool but pricey though!

Alternatively you could have both coloured and white at the same time, as @GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER suggests I’ve done this before and it looks really pretty!

Please
or

CrazyBaubles · 14/10/2021 18:34

Thank you all. I currently have 2 sets on my tree each year but neither give me quite the effect I want and they're a PITA to put on and off.

I've had a look at the Twinkly lights. They're lovely but £££.
I may have to keep up with what I have for this year at least because I'm also looking to but some star curtain lights and outside lights of some description and my budget isn't going to stretch to everything! Xmas Grin

OP posts:
Please
or

Datsandcogs · 14/10/2021 20:19

I have 2 shades of white lights and I also have red lights, all spaced so that I can have any of all on at once!

Top tip, plug into a smart plug and then you won’t have to crawl under the tree to turn them on and off, so satisfying!

Please
or

MistyGreenAndBlue · 15/10/2021 09:43

I now use festive brand firefly twister lights
Proper twinkling lights not those migraine inducing multi function ones that flash like a rave. Ugh.

For coloured lights, Noma still make their original shaded or non shaded bulb lights. Vintage style.
Coloured led are too "sharp" for me and no pink. 👎🏻☹
If you go for the shaded lights you dont need as many either as they look quite big.
Look for Canterbury bells, pickwick or lanterns.

Look on Amazon. Or do a google shopping search.

Ebay usually have actual vintage lights too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?