My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

From present ideas to party food, find all your Christmas inspiration here.

Christmas

Mud kitchen recommendations?

5 replies

surreygirl1987 · 18/08/2020 10:05

My son will be 2.5 this Christmas and old enough for it to mean something to him this time! He loves being outdoors and I really want to get him a mud kitchen. It seems I've missed the boat on that as Aldi did a fantastic deal last year on one! I've been looking online and they are so so expensive for what they are! However, we have a newborn baby so making one ourselves isn't an option this year. I'm going to keep my eye on eBay and Facebook marketplace as I'd love to get a second hand one at a good price ... but there doesn't seem to be much locally at the moment. Has anyone come across anything similar to the Aldi deal last year or have any ideas where we can get one from that won't break the bank? Thanks in advance. I'm so glad I'm thinking ahead this year!

OP posts:
Mairyhinge · 18/08/2020 10:18

Firstly the Aldi ones were crap so you haven't missed out, they fell apart after a week.
My husband makes them, the most expensive ones are £100, but at the moment we only deliver locally ( looking into shipping before covid happened). If your West Yorkshire give me a shout, or close ish and want to collect.

surreygirl1987 · 18/08/2020 15:26

Were they? Ha thst makes me feel better! Sadly I'm in Surrey. Thanks though! Will just keep checking marketplace I guess!

OP posts:
BunnyBerries · 18/08/2020 15:39

This one is great and comes with a free pan set! We were surprised at how great the wood was once made, it's solid timber and looks like it would last. You could put a sign on the wooden back too. Great height for toddlers and up.
www.outdoortoys.co.uk/rebo-muddy-mischief-children-s-outdoor-mud-kitchen-sand-pit-chamomile-free-pan-set

surreygirl1987 · 19/08/2020 11:21

Ooh thanks!

OP posts:
LostMyRubySlippers · 24/08/2020 18:36

We bought one from studio a few years ago- not amazing quality but good for the price & has lasted ok.
The one on their site now looks a slightly different design & is personalised
www.studio.co.uk/shop/toys-games/personalised-toys/personalised-wooden-toys/personalised-mud-kitchen-with-water-function

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.