My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Children's health

more reflux whilst teething?

7 replies

jellytoes · 23/09/2008 21:39

Can anyone tell me if there is a link between reflux and teething. I wouldn't say that DS aged nearly 4 months is very refluxy sort of comes and goes but lately he's slobbery and chewing fist and anything else a lot and bringing up quite a lot of milk (more than the usual posset (Sp))

OP posts:
emma1977 · 23/09/2008 21:56

My son gets quite sicky when teething (just small bits).

It seems different to his reflux, and he's not obviously in pain with it.

Just wait for the teething poos when the teeth really start coming through!

jellytoes · 23/09/2008 22:01

Thanks Emma, have to say I can't feel anything on bottom gum but he's definitely onto something... Very early though. My daughter cut her first tooth at 7 months.

OP posts:
jellytoes · 23/09/2008 22:01

Thanks Emma, have to say I can't feel anything on bottom gum but he's definitely onto something... Very early though. My daughter cut her first tooth at 7 months.

OP posts:
emma1977 · 23/09/2008 22:18

Ds started getting dribbly and biting around this time too.

First tooth appeared on the day he hit 7 months.

Now has 4 at 9 months.

jellytoes · 24/09/2008 09:33

Oh no...does that mean this will carry on for the next 3 months!! soooo sicky!

OP posts:
Sisa · 24/09/2008 20:27

hi jellytoes, my ds is a bad refluxer on lots of meds. his paed told me teething makes it worse as they put everything into their mouth and then gag on it so more likely to offset a sickie doing that - exactly what he's done. he also refluxes more when he has a cold etc.

jellytoes · 25/09/2008 10:22

Thanks Sisa. I think in my Ds's case he swallows a lot of saliva because sometimes his posset looks quite gooey if you know what I mean!! He's not waht I would term a refluxer though...definitely prone to posset but these rumbling gums have really brought on more.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.