DD has always been a keen reader, but has become a total bookworm since lockdown - the extra time to read means she's getting through a book a day and I'm struggling to keep the supply up! Can anyone suggest what else she may like based on the following?
- Absolutely loves anything based in fantasy worlds - so magic, mythical creatures, etc
- Likes also some animal and nature-based stories
- Won't read anything that is presented as a 'mystery' or detective story (i.e. won't read Secret Seven and those ones with the girl Victorian detective)
Things she's loved:
- How to Train your Dragon
- Worst Witch
- Amelia Fang
- Witch Wars
- Bad Mermaids
- The Boy who Grew Dragons
- Starfell books (these we're reading to her)
- A Piglet called Truffle et al books by Helen Peters
Stuff she likes but doesn't love
- Roald Dahl (has enjoyed these being read to her, but doesn't seem keen to read them herself)
- Narnia books - I read a couple of them to her a while ago, but she lost interest half way through the Horse and His Boy. Might try her on them again though.
- She read Dick King-Smith's The Sheep Pig recently and enjoyed it, but didn't get 'in' to it the way she has with the ones listed above
She's enjoyed Beast Quest and Rainbow Magic a while ago, but she's beyond that now really.
Any other recommendations? Ideally of series that she can get stuck into (and that I can buy relatively cheaply 2nd hand!), but also for stand alone books.