My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CHILDMINDER CLUB: What would you do?

3 replies

Bonkerz · 17/05/2005 18:21

Ok im in a bit of a dilemma.

I care for 3 girls and the oldest is 3 in june. She is due to recieve her grant and ive been trying to encourage her parents to book her into playgorup for her 5 sessions. I managed to secure 5 sessions at a good playgroup but the parents took too long arranging a visit that they cant offer mornings just afternoons. I cant do this. She will need to be picked up at 3.30 and my son needs collecting at 3 so its impossible to do both. Have told her parents this but they are not making any effort to find alternatives.

To throw a spanner in the works i am pregnant and baby is due at christmas. I dont know what to do. I am only registered to care for 3 under 5 and i already have this so what will happen when my baby comes along? Will i get special permission or will ofsted make me get rid of 1 child!

My minds swimming with problems and i cant think. I do think that as the oldest starts school next september it would be easier and cheaper for them to put her in a nuresery where she can get her grant and would also save my numbers. Should i suggest this to them?

OP posts:
Xena · 17/05/2005 18:35

Its hard Bonkerz I think that it might be a good idea if you suggest the nursery option to them. It would be too much work to have 4 preschoolers on your own even if ofsted were to agree.

KatieMac · 17/05/2005 21:03

Xena could be right...I think 4 under 5 is hard (with 2 of us) and if one is your new born then you might feel split in 2.

I'd encourage them to find a nursery and give them notice now that in say October you will no longer have a place for her. - you might lose her early - but you might get tired

RTKangaMummy · 17/05/2005 21:06

I haven't got anything more sensible to offer than the other two have already said

I think the most important thing in this is YOU and your baby

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.