Mumsnet Logo
My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM Club:Ad-Hoc Care?

3 replies

Katymac · 03/08/2007 14:23

OK - after a quietish period I seem to be maxing out on ad-hoc care (over £300 in 1 week!!)

So do I advertise for Ad-Hoc as a specific service & if so, where or do I assume that as Ad-hoc has started ordinary care will follow??

Or do I risk advertising for ad-hoc and then filling up with ordinary and having wasted the ad-hoc advertising money?

That makes no sense does it?

OP posts:

crace · 03/08/2007 15:17

I do Ad-hoc and it's worked out quite well for me, but I've got a 3 dayer coming up in September that is my ad hoc spot and I've told parents I can only do the Mon/Fri or around my other mindees. And they are happy with that... I would go for it myself, you never know when you will have a cancellation or holiday where you can take on someone - and people might not always assume you would do this. It was only once I let people know they didn't need to do set days the requests came pouring in and I have 3 different sets of parents using me off and on every week.

It can't hurt!

Katymac · 03/08/2007 16:18

Hmm- don't know whether it's actually worth paying for somne advertising - or just putting cards up in shop windows?

It is hard deciding isn't it

OP posts:

nannynick · 03/08/2007 17:32

By the sounds of it, there is demand for ad-hoc care, so go with that and see what happens - always helps to be different from the rest!

Cards in shop windows - prices vary a bit between newsagents I found (in my area), most expensive was £1.20 per week. Have had 4 adverts up for the past 3 weeks, and no response at all - so as ever with advertising, choose location carefully plus also the time of year.

Where did your current ad-hoc's come from? Establishing how they heard about you, may help you decide where may be good to advertise.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?