My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM CLUB - What sort of discounts do you give?

7 replies

LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 11:36

I'm considering if cheaper is better? Most of the reasons mindee's have left is down to money, then i end up with no-one paying me and spending money on advertising i'm wondering if i should just be cheaper?

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 11:37

I'm not expensive btw i'm average for my area. I do charge for extras tho so if i cut the extras maybe that would be better?

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 11:45

I provide baby wipes and pay toddler group fee's so swings and roundabouts.

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 17:38

bump for evening crowd as i'm wondering now

OP posts:
OFSTEDoutstanding · 24/07/2007 17:54

Hi LMG I don't know if cheaper is better. I am considered one of the more expensive childminders in my area but I provide all meals, snacks, wipes, toddler fees etc. Only extras I ask for are for days out (which is once a week in holidays and I limit it to £10 max per child)What extras do you charge for?

nannynick · 24/07/2007 17:56

What do other minders in the area provide / not provide?

A lower hourly rate can get your more enquires, but to have a lower hourly rate, you may need to charge for things like:
toddler group and all other outings
nappies/wipes (if parents are not providing these)
food

LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 18:06

My hourly rate is average.

I charge for the same things as OFSTEDOUTSTANDING.

For the FT'er I've just taken on I dropped my daily meal rate and said she can have the weeks holidays she has booked free as i've been struggling to get any work and to miss 3 weeks of pay is better than no pay (3 seperate weeks spread over a few months)

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 24/07/2007 18:08

Most people include everything and have the same hourly rate as me.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.