My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

HELP re: policy on timekeeping

4 replies

Pixiefish · 20/07/2007 17:36

I am trying to word a letter to go into out preschool palygroup nursery pack. One point I am going to make is that if parents are over 30 minutes late and haven't notified us then we have to take official steps. I remember a childminder pal of mine also had this policy but i need to word it in a nice yet official way. is there a legal requirement on us to do this?

Can anyone let me see their wording?
TIA

OP posts:
BBBBasilisk · 20/07/2007 17:39

we used to charge for when parents were late - I don't have the policy to hand but can look it up on the other computer if you are desperate.

dmo · 20/07/2007 17:44

non collection of child:
if a child is not collected at the end of the day the procedure will be as follows:

1. the parent/carer will be contacted by telephone if they are not available the emergency contact person on your childs registration form will be contacted.
  2. if your child is not collected 1 hour after their normal pick up time social services will be informed.

at all times during this process your child will be made to feel comfortable and reassured.
Pixiefish · 20/07/2007 17:46

Thank you both, we have one parent who is often late and we need to word it stronly enough to deter them without frightening the other parents iyswim

OP posts:
PinkChick · 23/07/2007 09:15

set up a charge for every 15 mins theyre late ie: each 15 mins late is charged hourly until time collected so if normally £5 per hour in time, it would be £20 per hour when late, plus state that if they do not give you a courtesy call alerting you that they will be late, the second contact will be called after 15 minutes follwed by social services if that person cannot be contacted/collect child.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.