My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Nanny or Childminder W5 Ealing

4 replies

babybore · 18/07/2007 12:55

Hi, moving to Ealing in a couple of months. currently exploring childcare options. Would be grateful if anyone knew of any vacancies anywhere? Would be up for childminder/nanny/nanny share 2 days/week.
Thanks.

OP posts:
Millarkie · 18/07/2007 18:14

I used to live in Ealing - I recommend joining the ealing 135 parents group www.ealing135.org.uk. They have (well, they used to have) a nanny share register you can join to get in contact with local families who want to share a nanny.
Have you tried www.childcarelink.gov.uk to search for childminder vacancies? When I did it I got the number of a couple of childminders and when I spoke to them they gave me the numbers of their friends who were childminders with vacancies too.
Good luck.

alison222 · 18/07/2007 20:14

Try here Children's information service.

If you are looking at childminders they tend to be fairly local, especially if you have to have children collected from a school.

Your best bet is to search that site, ring a few (even if they have no vacancies advertised) and ask for advice too. Ealing is very "villagy" in a way and most childminders know quite a few others.

As far as I know there is not a nanny group anywhere for information. Most people I know have used agancies or a publication called "simply childcare" try googling it.

Good luck.

babybore · 19/07/2007 14:15

Thanks for your advice. Will have a look at the links you suggested.

OP posts:
JennaJ · 19/07/2007 15:48

Hi,

I think we have been emailing outside of mumsnet :-)

You could also try www.familesonline.co.uk and go to the west London forums and place a free add on there.

Or you could go to www.thenannysharers.co.uk and search to see if there is anyone local who wants to share a nanny. I think you have to pay to respond but if there is someone who has a match it might be worth your while.

www.gumtree.co.uk you could look at nannies looking for work. Its often possible to find a nanny who has a part time job who wants some extra days.

www.nannyjob.co.uk again not free but not expensive either.

I hope that helps you out a bit.

Jenna

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.