My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Nanny Birthday

7 replies

harrisey · 14/05/2007 00:52

Hi there, I have had a nanny who is fab, amazing, brilliant etc since last autumn.

Its her birthday in 2 weeks (on the Bank Holiday) and I have already offered her the day off as an extra (though she didnt ask she was delighted). What do you do for your Nanny's birthday? At Christmas she got a weeks pay bonus and a huge Lush box of treats. I suppose (hope!!) that birthdays are not so expensive? What's the deal? Obv the children will do cards etc for her but not sure what we shoudl get for her - dont want to do either too much or too little. She has been very nice for all our b'days - dh and I both got presents, and she spent abotu £25 on each child on their birthdays! We gave her a big Easter Egg from the kids, - she turned up her first day back after Easter hols with huge boquet of flowers for me.

I know she is a star - I want to do something nice that will not embarrass her.

OP posts:
jura · 14/05/2007 01:14

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SofiaAmes · 14/05/2007 05:51

Or a voucher for a massage or some other pampering treat. Kind of thing you woudl never splurge for yourself, but are always happy to have.

nannyj · 14/05/2007 07:17

My bosses spend £100 on me for birthdays and Xmas.But just spend what you caqn afford she won't be expecting a huge present. The day off is fab by the way.

ScottishThistle · 14/05/2007 10:43

Nice to give her the day off especially since it's a bank holiday.

I like when my Boss asks me if there's anything I'd like, perhaps just ask her for a few suggestions...Last year I got a DVD player for my Birthday (December) & a stack of DVD's for my Xmas.

I'm very generous with my Bosses/Charge & they are also with me.

fridayschild · 14/05/2007 12:05

We give our nanny cash plus a little something to open. Now the boys are older they help to choose the something, so it can be odd...

mogs0 · 14/05/2007 13:49

One of my favourite presents was a home-made voucher for theatre tickets. It was such a lovely thought and I had a great night watching Mamma Mia with my sister!!

fifilou · 14/05/2007 14:30

my boss bought me a day at a spa for all my hard work- it was a fab day and truly relaxing! It was lovely that she recognised how hard i work!

maybe something along those lines?

I love it when the children make me cards or a play dough present. It's the thought that counts, not how expensive the present is. It sounds as if you treat her well, so dont worry!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.