My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM asking about our plans of what will do after new baby is born.

10 replies

FlossALump · 02/04/2007 12:16

I'm only 4 months pregnant, and, although I have a fair idea of what I plan to do she has messed us around in the past and I'm slightly wary of stating we don't probably plan to continue going to her. I haven't even had a scan yet! I thought to give two months notice would be plenty as we are not in initial contract period anymore?

OP posts:
PinkChick · 02/04/2007 12:29

i would maintain you havent planned anything yet, two months notice is very fair IMHO..im a cm, and i WOULD like to know, but if she has messed yo around in past, she may now be finding out what your plans are in order to give YOU notice if someone else comes along, perfectly reasonable really but no good for you..double edged sword this one

Genidef · 02/04/2007 12:46

does your contract with her not state how much notice you agree to give each other?

looneytune · 02/04/2007 13:10

I asked mindees mum when pregnant with no 2 to help HER because I'd need to obtain a variation for 4 under 5's IF SHE wanted me to. Had I of not needed a variation, I would still have asked for her sake in case she wanted me to save a space for her.

I can see you have been messed about so can understand you not wanting to tell her right now you might not need a space BUT don't expect a space leaving if you DO want it for baby.

Not having a dig, just explaining why CM's ask these sort of things HOWEVER if she's likely to mess you about, just tell her you plan on staying and then change your mind nearer the time!

FlossALump · 02/04/2007 13:14

Hi there, out of contractual period. She already has space for 4 as previously had twins before DS started going there so would not be for that reason.

OP posts:
Genidef · 02/04/2007 13:35

I think it's reasonable to give her two months' notice personally.

saltire · 02/04/2007 14:11

What do you mean when you say you are out of your contractual period?

FlossALump · 02/04/2007 14:37

after 6 months initial contract there has never been a new one.

OP posts:
saltire · 02/04/2007 15:20

Surely you should have a contract. I have ongoing contracts with all my mindees parents. We review them every 6 months and they re-sign.

saltire · 02/04/2007 15:56

What i mean is that even if you come to the end of one contract period, then you should get another one, otherwise where do you stand on things like notice?

FlossALump · 02/04/2007 16:15

saltire - who knows? The original one states one month notice.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.