My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM Club: Does anyone else think it is wrong for OFSTED to be wasting so much money sending out A4 envelopes with 2 sheets of paper in given the change in Post Office rules?

7 replies

RTKangaMummy · 19/03/2007 16:59

CM Club: Does anyone else think it is wrong for OFSTED to be wasting so much money sending out A4 envelopes with 2 sheets of paper in given the change in Post Office rules?

I keep getting letters

A4 sized but with 2 sheets of paper in

And iirc it costs more money to post A4 envelopes now doesn't it?

FOLDED LETTER 0 - 100g = 32p AND 23p {1st AND 2nd class}

A4 LETTER 0 - 100g = 44p AND 37p {1st and 2nd class}

Does anyone else think OFSTED should stop wasting money like this?

OP posts:
gscrym · 19/03/2007 17:03

DH's work sent him 2 letters to the house last week telling him to go on a training course. Each of the letters contained a ma and directions to the location which is upstairs from where he sits at the moment.

Could OFSTED not email things to you?

RTKangaMummy · 19/03/2007 17:06

No they send me

Loads of letters ALWAYS in A4 envelopes

That is so silly re your DH

OP posts:
gscrym · 19/03/2007 17:10

He's going to put in a cost saving suggestion of actually checking where people work before sending out crap they don't need.

Who funds OFSTED? I don't know anything about it but would there not be issues with wasting public money. I know probably not.

RTKangaMummy · 19/03/2007 17:12

I don't know

Dept of Education I think but not sure

It is a gov dept though

I may send them an email to ask why?

OP posts:
PrettyCandles · 19/03/2007 17:13

Large organisations can't easily change the way they do things. They may feel it's cheaper to finish off current stock and new stuff will be A5.

nannynick · 19/03/2007 18:40

What is the cost of folding something? For large print runs a machine can fold things, but when it isn't 1000's of the same thing, then it's human folding. Would you really want a member of Ofsted sat folding letters all day!

Was it stamped mail... expect it wasn't. Large organisations get discount on postal mail prices, so they are not paying the same rate as you and I would if we went to the post office.

Ofsted is no more as of 1st April 2007. It becomes "The Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills". I can see that they would want to use up current stock of stationary. Though their new name, is to be known as Ofsted. Ofsted Direct Early Years Issue 5 - see Creating The New Ofsted

RTKangaMummy · 19/03/2007 19:44

It was a circular letter iyswim

It was a printed envelope with a 2 in a box instead of stamp

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.