Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


A nanny payroll service for £89 per year

8 replies

Wornoutmum · 21/02/2007 18:13

Another lady was askoing about nanny taxes and NI, and I advised her about a company I just joined for £89 for the whole year. Previously quoted £260 by another tax company for same stuff....Thought you would all like to know.

For the life of me I cannot make it a link you click on

OP posts:

nannynick · 21/02/2007 18:29

Correct figure for the Top Nanny Payroll Service is £89.99 which is an introductory offer until 1-April-2007, from which point it becomes £109 per annum. Would expect that they are able to vary prices for future years, so check website for current pricing (if reading this after April 2007).

Other nanny payroll companies exist and of course you can do the nanny payroll yourself - it is not that hard, though for nanny shares I would recommend using a payroll service as the tax arrangements for nanny shares can become complex.

Interestingly, Top Nanny Payroll Service has a simple tax calculator which ONLY gives the option of entering a nannies net wage, when we all know that nannies are paid gross!


Wornoutmum · 21/02/2007 20:25

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your input. I checked with them re your concerns on varaible pricing.... and there annual fee of £109 (after the first year of £89.99) remains fixed for as long as you remain a client with them, now that's a good deal!!!!

Sorry I missed the 99p Nick!
Kerry X

OP posts:

daisy26 · 22/02/2007 12:43

Hi I just wanted to know ru allowed to sort out ure own taxes if the parent wanted to do it that way, or do they HAVE to pay ure tax? Can u do this by ureself if ure the nanny, being with these companies?


jura · 22/02/2007 13:31

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

daisy26 · 22/02/2007 14:44

ok cool, wasn't sure. As obv with childminding it's in your own house, thought u maybe able to do it that way.So wouldn't be allowed to do this atall then really


daisy26 · 22/02/2007 14:45

I mean u can't do it if ure a nanny but obv u can if ure a childminder


jura · 22/02/2007 16:39

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

daisy26 · 22/02/2007 17:44

Thankyou that does help. Thankyou for pointing out what's what. I wouldn't do it personally, think it wud cause allot of grief, but I do know some people get cash in hand and save the tax money and when it came down to it, give it all in one go. Nannying iv'e decided.Bf wont let me do childminding lol newayz for me nanny would be the easier option. Thankyou for your advice and summary

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?