My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Websites...

4 replies

crace · 18/02/2007 18:31

I have a domain registered but not sure how to get up a decent site up there.. how is everyone's designed? It's not a free one, I've registered a domain but have no idea how to get a nice one going?

Thanks Carrie

PS - I work on Mac

OP posts:
nannynick · 18/02/2007 18:45

I just use Notepad (windows text editor), so expect you have something similar on your MAC. You could use software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, or you may find a webhost who provides on-line tools for designing a website using templates.

mykidzrmyworld · 18/02/2007 19:31

I used mrsite.co.uk and they were fab and simple to use.
Mine is www.cwmbranchildminder.co.uk if u wanted to look.
Not sure how it works tho if u already have a domain sorry!Im not very technical but mine was dead easy to create!

USAUKMum · 18/02/2007 19:44

I assume that the people hosting your domain have given you web space -- or are you not hosted yet? Anyway, if you are on a Mac use iWeb. Easy to use, easy to get something good looking.

looneytune · 20/02/2007 11:36

Hi

I did my childminding website and my customers websites using Frontpage. My web design website was done using freewebs but can't remember the link and haven't got time to look. If you go to my site , there should be a link somewhere to show you what to do. Please ignore all the errors on my site, need sorting!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.